🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707

Hi Adam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like the name mismatch has been resolved already. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Also, kindly note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
a8dee3ec
Community Member

Hi, bank account showing not verified as my first name on the account is Andy and my first name on upwork is Andrew.

There no option for me to request it's remedied.

Unsure what I'm supposed to do now?

Thanks

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out. After escalating this to the relevant team, I can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c9fb0024
Community Member

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

I have changed verified name but same problem is lasting now. Please Can you help me?

Hi Oguzhan,

Thank you for reaching out. After escalating this to the relevant team, I can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
volgailgiz
Community Member

Hi,
Despite my Account Holder name and verified Upwork name is same I get this error

"Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I am using Wise as bank account

Idk what to do at this point and help bot does not help at all

Thanks

Hi Volga,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
135ec607
Community Member

Hi. I already added my paypal account to get get paid, but tis message appeared "The beneficiary name is mismatched". My paypal account is a company account but i'm the beneficiary, my name appears in the Account Holder Information, so i don't know how to set it up. Can anybody help me wit that? Thanks in advanced.

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I don't see a name mismatch notification on your end. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
135ec607
Community Member

Hi Nikola, You're right. Mismatch no longer appear, but now is inactive. What should i do?

Hi Sergio,

I have checked your account and it looks like you still need to complete the Form W-8BEN. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead.

You can complete the process by going to Settings> Tax Information> You can start by hitting the Pencil Icon on the W-8BEN page. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears on your passport or other official documents. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ogigpermana
Community Member

I don't understand why upwork system still deducted the balance although payment method proccess to local bank event failed, i just need information about this, so this response make me clear. For the record i tested the payment a week ago

Hi Ogi,

I have escalated your concern to the relevant team for further assistance. Kindly expect an update on this page with your ticket once your case has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1795199d
Community Member

I am available issue connecting my US bank account to my upwork. 

d3453587
Community Member

Hi, 

I just added my ACH details  to Upwork now, its showing name mismatched even when my upwork name and the name on the account is the same.. what do i need to do next? See what its showing me. Do i wait till after 3 days or i should contact support immediately?  

Hi Odey,

It looks like you are already coordinating with our team directly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in your ticket and our team would be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
lindalawton
Community Member

I am trying to add the bank information for my company allong with the vat number for tax reasons.   

The money must be inserted into my companies acccount not my personal bank account.    I keep getting  payment account name does not match your name

How do i fix this?   My company does not have the same name as me I am the owner of the company.

d3453587
Community Member

Hi, 

I added my ACH Payment Method yesterday. Its showing name mismatched.should i wait for 3 days before checking if its active or what. 

472089c5
Community Member

Hi, I added my bank account information a few days ago, and everything was fine. I checked today, and it says beneficiary name mismatch. I have a completed contract, so I'm not sure what to do. The name on my Upwork account is Tuma, but my first name is Tumaini. Not sure what to do to resolve this. 

Thanks

Hi Tumaini,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d3453587
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

I am having similar issue. I added my ACH Payment Method yesterday but its showing name mismatch. 

Please do something about it. 

Hi Odey,

I've reached out directly to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d3453587
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

Thanks for reaching out. The error has been cleared. 

d3453587
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

Please explain this to me....

I need clarification on this upwork fees. The few states that 0- 500$ ( 20%) $501- $10000 ( 10%) 

Upwork took more than 10% for a 1400$ contract. Have the fees changed? Or what.....

10% of 1400$ Is $140 but upwork took $190 as service fee. 

Pls I need clarification 

Hello, 

I need clarification on this upwork fees. The few states that 0- 500$ ( 20%) $501- $10000 ( 10%) 

Upwork took more than 10% for a 1400$ contract. Have the fees changed? Or what......

No they haven't. The fees on 1400 are 190 + VAT, if applicable. 

The actual money the client paid was $1470 though the money reflecting on my account was $1400 and all of a sudden... Upwork has taken $190 and also the extra $70. This is so much deductions. 

muhammadmahdy
Community Member

paypal activation blocked(beneficiary name mismatch)

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d3453587
Community Member

Hi Andrew, 

Please explain this to me....

Upwork took more than 10% for a 1400$ contract. Have the fees changed? Or what.....

10% of 1400$ Is $140 but upwork took $190 as service fee. 

Pls I need clarification 

a7380009
Community Member

Hi. I have added a new payment method to my account a couple of weeks ago. The name on the bank account is that of my company so it does not match the my account name.

I haven't been contacted by the support team to provide the necessary papers to solve the issue. 

Thanks.

Hi Ala,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the relevant team and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi. thank tou for the reply. i have been sent and have filled the form on Monday. Still nothing despite it saying it would take around 24 hours.

thank you

Hi Ala,

Thank you for your message. I see that the relevant team has already reviewed and responded to you with an update. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
muneebx1
Community Member

Hi team upwork, I have added my bank account with Upwork payment methods, but I am getting the beneficiary name mismatched issue. My name is Muneeb, I have used my Muneeb Mughal name on Upwork and all my social media and everywhere. And the name on my id is Muneeb ur Rehman and the bank create it with this name Muneeb ur Rehman. In short, my Full name is Muneeb ur Rehman Mughal.

Muneeb ur rehman is my name 

Muneeb Mughal is family name

due to this I used my name Muneeb Mughal on Upwork now having this issue kindly solve it. Hope you understand. I have all my bank details and id and everything if you want. Some additional information: I am new upwork freelancer My bank account is active. I am verified on upwork Using and doing work on upwork from some months. Thank you.

Community Member

I checked both my Upwork and Wise account and it has the same name:

fenilpatel855
Community Member

Hello my name is Fenil and i have been trying to withdraw funds from my upwork account to paypal but i am getting an error of account name does not match name on upwork.i have been trying many things but nothing is working.

Please help me to solve this Problem.

Thankyou

Hi Fenil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello thankyou for responding but i tried again to withdraw funds to paypal
but still it is rejected.
Can you help with this?

Hi Fenil,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths