🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
kiwidsconsulting
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hi,

I am unable to verify my name with bank account name. Can you please reach out to me as I need to get this verified. Previously it was added and last year - I did without funds too. Trying to keep the same acount. Please assist. I can share account details if needed. Thanks, Raj **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duong,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707

Hi Ishi,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team handling your request and our team has already notified you about the same concern. You can view and respond to the notification sent to your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you

Try to contact your bank beneficiary.
c4e2c9f6
Community Member

Hi, I have removed my payment method and added it again with credit card account name "Andrei Barabanov", it is the same as on my upwork account, but notification showed me that my financial account is "Andrew Barabanov" and it is not correct. There is something wrong in your system as it didn't update my financial account, so it is the reason of 2 fail withdrawals as I think. Could you please check it and help me to update my financial account?

Hi Andrei,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4a5c67d5
Community Member

I added my payment method(local bak account). but I received these messages. So I fixed my accunt holder name to capital letters..I tried several times to update... I think there's no mismatch.. Could u help?

Hi Kiyoung,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and they confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Your payment method is now active and ready for use. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8416eb85
Community Member

Hello, 

You can help look into my own issue. Added a new payment method on the 13th. I was told it wasn't active yet hence I got beneficiary name mismatched and that I should wait for 24-48hrs. Now today is 16th. My payment method should be active by now. But I still keep seeing beneficiary name mismatched and payment method deactivated.

Hi Mubarak,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is active now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kalecv
Community Member

Paypal account name is: Alejandro Castaño Valencia

Upwork account name is: Alejandro Castano Valencia 

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

This is a problem with upwork's account creation which doesn't allow special characters.

Before i start doing any work i want my payment method to be verified. Help me fix this. I can provide passport or national I.D with my name.

Hey Alejandro, update Paypal or use a bank account to avoid the issue. Thanks!

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for your message. I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active from Dec 14th.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8416eb85
Community Member

Please i have same issues. All good with my account and i recently added payment just to find out beneficiaries name mismatched.  And basiclly everything is correct. Mubarak Adigun

02DD83B2-8313-4FAF-B1F2-F2043F6F6C2E.png

yara_beder
Community Member

hello,

anyone can help me with this problem 

evrytime i want to connect my paypla account they say the names dismatched 

but when i check my upwork and paypal profile account my name is exactly the same . 
i message the support team they asked me to re verified my id and give a statment 

but the statments they ask "bank, utility,credit card" but i'm student, live in my parents house so all bills will be in my fatger name and I don't have credit card 

i'm losing my mind here it's been a days and I can't really understand where is the problem 

Hi Yara,

Thank you for reaching out. In general, it may take our team 24-48 hours to review the name mismatch on your account. Should we need additional information to verify the account, our team will reach out to you with details on how you'll be able to add your Paypal account.

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
b0f24c19
Community Member

Hi,

I think and double checked every information that has been given for payment and i think that because my name is Gökalp Kılıç and it is what bank account owner name. Upwork forces me to write it as Gokalp Kilic, that probably is what makes information mismatch. 

I hope you can solve this problem because i have money in my account, all of my informations are true yet you didnt send it to me.
1008fd9c
Community Member

Hello, 

My name is Hatice and I don't have Pelin in my name but in my upwork profile my first name Pelin can someone remove this name, My payment method not match because of this. I already showed my id card and There is no Pelin in there too. 

Hi Hatice,

I've shared your concern with the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see the name mismatch error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lenka_777
Community Member

Hi, I got married in the summer and changed my surname. I edited the name in my Profile and my payment method, however I still see the notification that the beneficiary name is mismatched. I noticed (in my emails) that the name on my financial account is still my old surname. Why is it so when I changed it already and my new ID verification was successful? I made this change months ago. I would like to withdraw my payment soon but I don´t know whether I will be able to...
Can you please help me?
Thank you very much! Lenka G.

I have almost the same problem as you. I also changed my name, and then I can't use PayPal to pay. I tried to change the name, but I still couldn't

Hi Lenka,

Thank you for your message. Your payment method is active now.

Tom, please update your Tax information page to active your payment method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep, thank you very much for your time! I appreciate it.

Lenka

f7a57a29
Community Member

Hi. I added a payment method on 14 Dec. then it showed me The beneficiary name is mismatched error.

I send a support ticket on 14 Dec. and then get a reply from the ticket on 16 Dec. to send the bank document and I sent it on the same day after one hour. 

Today is 19 Dec. and I didn't get any replay and still see The beneficiary name is mismatched message.

And what upsets me more is the name on Upwork is already matches the one in the bank. I don't know why I faced the problem in the first place. and now have to wait a lot of time to fix a problem that shouldn't be happened!!

Hi Hussien,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I see that your payment method is already approved now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
26a5f0bc
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to configure "get paid" and receive Bank Account Name Mismatch since I'm using a single-member LLC. Where can I upload proof so this can be verified?

Hi Pete,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and you should be able to see a notification on your end to complete verification process. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
26a5f0bc
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you, I seem to still need help. Can you help with this? The verification seemed to be for personal verification only. I also need to verify to use a company bank account, but I was never asked to upload any of the following...

• You are using a company bank account — To complete verification you may need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:
    • An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
    • A business license showing your name and the company name
    • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

Hi Pete,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. Looks like you've already received the notification from the team with instructions on how to complete the verification process. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team by responding to the email if you have questions or need further assistance. The team will surely assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2744e488
Community Member

Hey guys i have a problem with my name. When i created this account i didnt use my real name beacuse i didnt know if this site is legitimate. Now my paypal cannot connect beacuse my names dont match and when i change my name it says that it will be reviewed in next 48 hours. What should i do?

Hi Ocebe,

We understand that your privacy and security are important to you and that sharing your full, legal name may feel awkward. However, we also know that in order for Upwork to be a great site for you and other freelancers our marketplace needs to be a place that clients trust. We build this trust in part by indicating that we’ve confirmed your identity and sharing your verified name with them (when you work with them).

I'll have one of our team members review your case and assist you further via a support ticket. You can also expect an update on your email linked to your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d954a9b1
Community Member

Upwork deactivated my payment method because the profile name and bank account name did not match. I reached out to Get Support and was instructed to change my profile name. I changed my profile name, which is now exactly the same as my bank account name, and there is still a mismatch! It's been 48 hrs since, and no one from upwork has reached out to me regarding this issue. I requested a dispute, its been 19 hrs and its status is still open. I want this issue resolved immediately, I need to withdraw my billings to pay my bills!!

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

It's been 72 hrs and yet no one has reached out to me. Check in with the Upwork team and please let me know asap. As I mentioned previously I need to withdraw my billings urgently

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
esthernyakerario
Community Member

Hello, Im new on Upwork and I'm experiencing the same issue.  Kindly advise me on the way forward.

Hi Esther,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
a7885343
Community Member

Hi,

I added my bank account, but it didn't work because the name didn't match, but it is the same name. 

Kind Regards

Hi Islam,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bcanata
Community Member

I got a beneficiary name mismatch error again with my new account, possibly because of the Turkish letters in my name. Can you fix the issue?

Hi Bugra,

I have escalated your concern to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Please expect your payment method to be active after the three-day security period.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths