🐈
» Forums » Support » The client did not create a contract but aske...
Page options
Community Member

The client did not create a contract but asked me to work on the project.

Hello, I am new to work up and I had a client that did not creat a contract with me even though I asked him to but he ignored that message. h esaid that he needed the presentation that same day and I made it and sent it to him but now he is not replying. I had 10$ an hour type of deal and I have been waiting for days and did not hear from him. What can I do to get the money for the time that I worked on it. 

i have linked the screenshots of our conversation to confirm that I did the work for him and he did not respond to my contract confirming message.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Ryla,

Thanks for reaching out. We always encourage freelancers to only start working on a project once they have an active contract. Clients are not allowed to ask for free work from freelancers. We want to help you learn more about how Upwork works.

Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:
You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
The Community is also where members can share feedback on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have ideas on how we can improve your experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share them!
We hope you find these online resources helpful in your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths