🐈
» Forums » Support » The client refused to pay for the first miles...
Page options
5d249cd4
Community Member

The client refused to pay for the first milestone, Is it a scammy client

I'm relatively new to Upwork. Two weeks ago, I received a design offer from a client. I provide the first milestone four times with updates based on client's feedback, the first payment was still rejected. At the same time, I also finished other 3-4 milestones(basically 80% of the whole project's design work) and got the client's feedback on them, however, it was impossible to move forward without him approving the first milestone. When I ask for clarification of the project or schedule a meeting, they are also left unaddressed or unresponded. 

To move the process quicker, I asked him for the first milestone payment in the message, he directly ended the contract. Now I'm in the process of disputing. The Upwork assistance proposed 25% of the first milestone payment, 75% to return back to the client. With the fact that I have turned in 80% work to the client, and the client archived the job posting for that project. I'm very skeptical that I encountered a scammy client and designed for free. 

Is there a way to report this client or get at least the first milestone for me? 

8 REPLIES 8
sofia2008
Community Member

Did you submit the work using the "Submit for payment" button?

Other basic rule is to never start working unless a milestone is funded.

thanks for your reply. Yes I used the "submit for payment" button.

And yes lesson learned. I was doing it fast because the project timeline was short too, therefore, I try to make the rest of the ddl. 

NikolaS

Hi Hou, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d249cd4
Community Member

Thanks Nikola, may I know will I be reached through email or the platform? So I will have a prompt reply to you guys! 

Thank you for following up, Hou. 

You will get updates on both your ticket and via email. You should receive an update on your ticket here

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d249cd4
Community Member

I still haven't received any email or update from this ticket yet. 

5d249cd4
Community Member

Hi Nikolas, 

I haven't received any update on this ticket yet. Could you let me know when I will receive an update? 

Hi Hou,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your support ticket. I checked the support ticket you are referring to and can confirm that the ticket is already in our queue. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your inquiry.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths