🐈
» Forums » Support » The "Skills" section of the profile is so bug...
Page options
mohamedhaddi
Community Member

The "Skills" section of the profile is so buggy.

Hello,

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile for the last 3 days, whenever I delete a skill or move it or add a new one and hit "Save", when I refresh the profile nothing is changed! The old skills are still there.

I've tried removing the cache and cookies and still have the same issues.

Also sometimes when I add a new skill it won't even save and it will throw me this error message:

"There was an error loading this page: error [7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS, 7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

mohamedhaddi_0-1659545747417.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

We want to confirm that this issue has now been resolved. Kindly clear your browser's cache and cookies and retry adding your skills. If the problem persists, please update this thread by replying to my post so we can assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience, everyone!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

144 REPLIES 144
castilloglenn07
Community Member

I am also still experiencing this bug, I cannot update my skills.

I am also experiencing this issue, please help. I have a more recent skill to include in my profile.

saad-jamal
Community Member

Hi 

I am not able to update my skills. When I update the skills it shows that failed to update them.

Can you please look into it?

Thank You 

Regards

Saad Jamal

13a3b2d1
Community Member

The skill section is buggy. After selecting my new skills and saving, it goes back to what it initially was after refreshing the page. It's frustrating as many jobs I do require those skills as part of my qualifications 

Hi Fleming,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while updating your skills. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

The problem still persists 

Hi Fleming,

I moved your post to this thread. Please know that this is a known issue and our engineers are working to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rsbk87
Community Member

I'm trying to delete and add the skills listed on my profile, but I keep getting error messages and am unable to edit my skills. please fix it.

Hi Rohit,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c25931dc
Community Member

Hi!

I have tried to update skills in my freelance account. But When I refresh the page, it shows previous skills. I have changed my browser, reinstall Upwork app, clear the catch in the browser. But all in vain

Hi Iftikhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
miteshsavaliya
Community Member

I'm also unble to edit or add Speciality skills on my profile 

rebelution_
Community Member

Hi, community! I need help.

For 2 days I'm trying to change my skill list, and it's saving without any errors. But, right after refreshing the page, it's returned to the old skill list. I tried clearing cache and cookies and trying another browser (Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge), but nothing changed.

I've seen that someone had the same issues almost 2 months ago, is that still not fixed?

Also tried the Firefox browser, same.

abdalazez-hany
Community Member

Hello,

When I'm trying to update my skills on my profile, the skills are updated, but when I refresh the page, it returns them. Any explanation about this?

Thanks

Plz save them before you process another page.

malik_nousherwan
Community Member

Hi there, I do have same issue that I am trying to update my skills but whenever I refresh after updating it disappear, kindly fix the issue.

smartcoderdba
Community Member

This issue is not resolved yet, even after 55 days.

7db26c16
Community Member

Hello,

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile for the last three days. Whenever I delete a skill, move it, or add a new one and hit "Save," when I refresh the profile, nothing changes! The old skills are still there.

I've tried removing the cache and cookies and still have the same issues.

feb976ca
Community Member

First I have made a profile of graphic designer and also got responses and done 1 job of graphic designing. After sometime  I changed my profile  to full stack developer as i was more focussed in it but after that I am not recieving any responses from client from so long and I have also spent alot of connects. Can @upwork check is there any problem in my profile.                            Also few  graphic designing skills in my profile are not editing I have attached  the screenshot.                                                                 Thanks..

2d70f6cd
Community Member

I am facing a problem. I can not able to update my skills in my profile. Whenever I try to do and refresh the page it won't update.

ifrah64
Community Member

Hey!

I am facing the same issue. Whenever I try to edit the Skill tags on my profile, they go back to default when I refresh the page. This is happening since August. I tried everything mentioned above (incognito browser, clearing cache, etc.) but nothing is working.

Kindly resolve the issue ASAP. It is creating serious problems for me.

ifrah64
Community Member

Hey!

I am trying to update the skill tags on my profile since last month, but every time I refresh the page it goes back to the previous tags and no updates are saved on my profile.

I tried everything you mentioned in the previous resolved post. I tried an incognito browser, tried clearing cache and browsing data but nothing worked. 

Kindly resolve the issue ASAP. It is creating real problems for my profile. 

Thanks.

hussain_1992
Community Member

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile, whenever I try to delete, move or add a new skill, they updated but after the page refresh, it is again reverted and nothing is changed! The old skills are still there.

I have tried on different browsers after clearing the caches and history.

Sometimes when I add a new skill it won't even save and it will throw me this error message:

"There was an error loading this page: error [7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS, 7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

Community Member

I'm also Currently facing this issue in my chrome browser. I ill try it on upwork app but the skills are didn't removing and I'm not able to add more new skills

a78d9a4d
Community Member

Hello everyone.

I don't know whether I am the only victim of skills section error.

I keep updating with the right skill set but after refreshing the page 

I am getting over 15 skills with some skills double entered thus i find

it confusing.

Where is the extra skills coming from and i selected 15 as the system does restrict.

Screenshot_20220929-154709_Chrome.jpg

previous after updating, after refreshing the result is the same skill set 

but for now it's duplication and insertion of different skills.

5073063b
Community Member

i can't change my skills

cfdc0ad9
Community Member

I have been trying to update my skills on Upwork for days now it's not going through I don't know what is wrong it's always saying error, please ensure that this is looked into asap. I want to edit my skills but am unable to do it please ensure it is looked into 

This has been like this for many of us for months with no resolution being given. I wouldn't hold your breathe on anything being done soon; as months have passed for a lot of us with the same problem.

This is so unlike Upwork I hope they get it fixed soon 

f1f1b3be
Community Member

I've been having continuous issues with updating and rearranging my skills on Upwork for months now. Only to be told it's fixed; but in reality nothing has changed and in fact on my profile now I have like 22 skills showing when only 15 should be possible. There are duplicates and everything on there.

Then as a top rated freelancer we're promised premium support via live chat and phone; yet where it's claimed to be is nowhere to be seen for me when I'm on the help and support page and signed in. It's either a complete lie or it's a hidden easter egg. Which is it?

I'm not asking for the world; I just want to be able to update my profile. As you see in the picture below I have 22 skills. Maximum is supposed to be 15. I didn't even set some of these. 

Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 17.29.30.png

tjmisny
Community Member

It does not exist.  I have the same problem with the Expert Vetted talent team, who ghosted me when I tried to bring up constructive feedback on the platform earlier this year.

f1f1b3be
Community Member

I assumed this was the case. It all sounds good on paper but there is no actual merit to the perks of being top rated, top rated plus or expert vetted other than a shiny little badge. It's like being in preschool and you get a star on your jumper at the end of the day for being a good boy/girl.

I just can't understand why they are incapable of fixing an element of functionality within the profile which is so openly apparent as it's been mentioned hundreds of times by various Freelancers over the course of the last few months. Especially when the element in question is relevant to how their search algorithm works for clients searching for us. The inability to edit your skills to reflect your current capabilities is just ludicrous. 

tjmisny
Community Member

Very well said, Michael.

The funny thing about the "Expert Vetted" badge is that only Enterprise Clients can even see it!  And these are increasingly few and far between.  

It's just another tactic to get Clients to pay more for the service, as opposed to actually trying to provide for a better service for all parties.  

f1f1b3be
Community Member

I recently just had an interview with a talent scout; which I'm sure you also are aware of given you're expert vetted and they've invited me on to this "portal" that only "special" people can see and it will showcase enterprise clients to me on a dedicated area. However before there was even mention of access they openly said that some days there will be virtually no jobs there. Which in itself speaks volumes considering I would imagine this "special" access to enterprise clients isn't so special when it comes to the vast amount of people that are deemed worthy. 

On that same call I was put forward for a recommendation to be expert vetted; although this comes with no guarantee I will get accepted...everything I read on here indicates having it or any other badge for that matter hasn't aided in improving their revenue. Ultimately all that matters in this game is the proposal and ones ability to showcase their talent. 

Why do we even have all of this extra crap? Especially considering the people who interviewed me; and not to disrespect them but they evidently had about 10% of the knowledge that I do in the field they're supposedly interviewing me for to assess my ability. It's like asking a car mechanic to assess an engineers technical ability. 

lizablau
Community Member

Wrong.  It most certainly does exist.

It does exist, contrary to what Thomas says.  I use it all the time.  Top Rated have access to phone support, and the number is:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  Moderator:  If you come along and remove this number, please link to the Help page where it can be easily found for Top Rated freelancers. 

This might be relevant if one was to have a north American numbering plan but it's completely irrelevant to the rest of the world. Needless to say the information isn't openly available is the point we're trying to address. So you have access to one number which is toll free for your area of the world what about the rest of it? 

I don't know.  I've had international clients use it for support, and never had a problem.  I doubt it's only relevant for North America.  Hopefully, a moderator will show up to address that.  

I'm not sure how that works when it's only toll free for North America. The number format indicates nothing other than that. Although like you said maybe they will drop in and give some clarity on the issue; but from what I've experienced I doubt anything will change in terms of this promised support visiblity. Even if it does exist and those who previously had access still have record of the support lines; it's not available now on the relevant pages and if it were it shouldn't be so difficult to find. Why isn't it just within our freelancing dashboard; where we can at least open up a support ticket directly or take advantage of this "chat" that no one seems to have.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths