🐈
» Forums » Support » USD ACCOUNT IN MY LOCAL BANK IN SRI LANKA
Page options
jgodlieb
Community Member

USD ACCOUNT IN MY LOCAL BANK IN SRI LANKA

I recently opened a USD Account in Sri Lanka which is approved by the Bank. However when I transferred funds it was rejected.

There is no option to choose the. Currency for my region. I updated the account and again did a transfer.

Can someone tell me how to sort this issue in case my payment gets rejected again? I will be going to speak to the bank tomorrow.

Thanks 

Judy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that the USD account was added as a Direct to Local fund withdrawal method which is used to receive funds in your local currency. You may want to try a Wire Transfer to receive US Dollars in your USD account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that the USD account was added as a Direct to Local fund withdrawal method which is used to receive funds in your local currency. You may want to try a Wire Transfer to receive US Dollars in your USD account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks very much Pradeep. This actually solved the problem and the Upwork help team sorted it out for me. Thanks again .

14fe5001
Community Member

Hi Judy!

This happens to me as well. We can do the direct transfers only to LKR accounts. Currently USD to USD direct transfers are not available from Upwork. Wire transfer is an option but it cost $30 ish per each transfer. 

The best option we have is to transfer via Payoneer, since it cost $10 per each transfer which is less than Wire transfer.

Im personally using this option. 

Thanks Dinidu

Yes that's what I did but it's most annoying to have the Minimum USD50 Limit on Payoneer but we'll at least it can be done. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths