🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Upwork says payment declined but credit c...
Page options
Senyo A Community Member

Unable to add/use payment method

i am not able to pay for jobs with my visa card from Ghana. The final confirm and pay button remains grey and doesnt allow for payment to be made.

any help?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can contact support by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

646 REPLIES 646
Oleh Y Community Member

Hello, a few days ago they opened a ticket for me, but they still haven't solved the problem. Please help me figure this out.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Oleh,

I can see that you've already submitted a follow-up to the team already. Please allow them time to complete their review. They will update you directly on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Kuraev O Community Member

Hello

I am facing this issue, I can't send the offer to the developer in the client account. My card is valid and there is enough balance. I can't hire any developer. Could you help me kindly?

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Kuraev,

I am sorry to learn that you are encountering an issue with your billing method. I have shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to provide you with the necessary assistance. 

~Ivy
S M K Mostofa M Community Member

I am encountering an issue charging the billing method. I tried using two different cards, but both cards are experiencing the same problem. Is there a solution for this?

Screenshot 2024-09-17 210432.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi S M K Mostofa,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Shekhar S Community Member

Recent charge failed

Hi there, I am facing this issue while paying to freelancer and getting error message "Recent charge failed."

I Tried 4 diffrent cards (credit or Debit) but all showing same error message "Recent charge failed"

Initially, The payment sucessfully completed then refund by the bank .

Please Help ASAP.

Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Shekhar,

I am sorry to hear about the issue paying your freelancer. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Shekhar S Community Member

Hi PradeepH,

Thank you for your reply.

It has been nearly 8 days since I opened the support ticket, and I have not yet received a response from the support team. Could you please provide an update on how much longer it will take to resolve this issue?

Looking forward to your prompt response.

Thank you

Lusine A Community Member

I get notifications that my card is checked by upwork, but upwork says that card information is not correct... is it a joke, or what??

now only option is a useless chatbot that is supposed to have human intelligence. Stop paying for this useless third-party chatbots, just spend this money on human support

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Lusine,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you faced while adding your card and reaching our support team via chatbot. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Mirza Danish B Community Member

I finalized a deal with a freelancer and set the milestones. But when I clicked to Pay the amount it gace me an error saying "Charged Failed". But received the text from my card provider saying my card has been charged. 
I chat with the support bot but it was unable to give me a satisfying answer. Help needed urgently.

Afzaal S Community Member

Check transaction history again. (it might be possible any delay by upwork). if all okay by this side then contact with upwork customer support

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mirza,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Junaid H Community Member

My cards is declining again and again. even i have added credtit card. That was my first project and I am still not able to pay to upwork yet.  Here is banks feedback about merchant

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Junaid,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Chris W Community Member

I recieved the following meassge whenever I tried to fund a contract:

There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again.

I have used  Paypal, a credit card and my bank card, without success. I have suffiecient funds on all three billing acounts.

What can I do about this? I will lose the contract if i can't fund it.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Chris,

I checked, and it looks like the transaction was declined. For declined transactions, it would be best to contact your card-issuing bank for assistance with the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Almandhar A Community Member

I tried paying using my card, money got deducted  but then gets refunded, tried with different bank cards same thing, spoke to the bank they said there's no problem on their side. I tried paypal it worked earlier but now I tried it again it took my money, didn't go through because something happened from your side and it got refunded to payapal, I tried again, same thing. now i have a 46.99$ stuck at paypal and another 88.99$ stuck at paypal too. I got work that needs to be done and I need to pay for it.! The payemnt system needs to be fixed

Ivygail J Moderator

Hi Almandhar,

I understand the urgency of getting this resolved so I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Ivy
Azalia V Community Member

I attempted to pay using two of my cards. While everything seems fine on the bank's end, they suggested that the issue may be with UpWork. I also tried using PayPal, which worked previously, but this time, the transaction was reversed after the payment was taken due to an issue on your side, and the amount was refunded to PayPal.

Support informed me that I would hear back from the Payment Team within 24-48 hours or sooner. However, no one has responded to my case.

I just tried deleting and resubmitting my payment method again after 48 hours, but I'm still encountering the same error.

I have work that needs to be completed, and I need to make the payment as soon as possible. Please resolve this issue promptly.

Ronna P Moderator

Hi Azalia.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your open support ticket. I have shared your post with the relevant team for follow-up. The handling team will review this for you and will give you an update. 

~Ronna
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths