🐈
» Forums » Support » Uninitiated fund transaction.
Page options
6f1044dd
Community Member

Uninitiated fund transaction.

All of my funds have been transfer to one of my bank accounts without my authorization. Please how can i stop the transaction.

At this moment I do not have access to this bank account since I’m living far away from the banks location.

I had put the minimum balance of $1,000.00 as the Quarterly Schedule transaction, but my upwork account only had 724.40. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All,

Your earnings are automatically sent to your primary payment method based on the payment schedule you choose. The default Automatic Payment Schedule happens Quaterly, when your available funds are over $1000. This is something that can be updated by you anytime in Settings > Get Paid. If you have a different Automatic Payment Schedule currently, this means you’ve updated it in the past. 

That said, please know that Upwork does not operate as a bank, and so we cannot hold your earnings indefinitely. Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically to your primary payment method, even if they are below your Automatic Schedule balance limit.

It’s important to always be aware of your current Automatic Payment Schedule and primary payment method. This is because, once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled. An automatic withdrawal will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues, such as an invalid bank account, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account. If your funds are not received after 8 business days, please let us know and we can assist you with initiating a trace.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

110 REPLIES 110
7fdb008a
Community Member

Hi how are you? 

i did a job on upwork a few days ago and it says that I got paid because my earnings did go up. But then when I try to press get paid I can't press the button. And it's saying that I withdrew money already and my balance is at 0.00 but I absolutely did not withdraw any money. Please help me upwork! 

i have attached a photo bellow 

Hi Marie,

Please know that Upwork does not operate as a bank, and so we cannot hold your earnings indefinitely. Balances with funds older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically to your primary payment method, even if they are below your Automatic Schedule balance limit.

~Andrea
Upwork
7fdb008a
Community Member

Hi,

I did not ask for any money to be withdrawn, but my balance is zero and I
have checked my bank account it is not in there. I do believe that I may
have been hacked. Please help. My earnings show that I have been paid but
my balance is zero.

Hi Marie,

I checked and I can confirm that the withdrawal was successful on our end. Note that it may take several days for the funds to arrive in your bank account. If after eight business days you still have not received your funds, you may reach out to us again and we will be happy to assist you further. You can check this help article to learn more

~ Luiggi
Upwork
elliotr
Community Member

I closed my checking account and opend a new one. Was meaning to attach this new account to  my upwork account. Auto-payment at the end of the month sent remaining funds in my upwork account to this old (closed) bank account. Upwork doesn't seem to have shown an error. Where did the money go? The bank account is no more?

Can someone with upwork give me some clarification? Surely I'm not the first person this has happend to but I can't find any related issues in the forums.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Elliott,

Thank you for your message. I have checked and I can confirm that the transaction you're referring to is successful on our end. It’s important to always be aware of your current Automatic Payment Schedule and primary payment method. This is because once a withdrawal is initiated, it cannot be canceled. An automatic withdrawal will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues, such as an invalid bank account, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account.

If your funds are not received after 8 business days, please let us know and we can assist you with initiating a trace.

~ Arjay
Upwork
81852f33
Community Member

Great!
81852f33
Community Member

There’s a meaningful uwork why closing account first your emails clients will contacted you for the updates about your jobs first before recieveing payments we should do finish your task job who give you provided your works approvals is contact directly for any informations
Thanks

Post back your feedback if you needed more helps.
lucasmosquera
Community Member

I've got my UpWork account payment schedule set to be automatically sent only when balance is $1,000.00 and to always save $10.00.

But UpWork sent a payment regardless, ignoring these requirements.

Hi Lucas,

Please know that Upwork does not operate as a bank, so we cannot hold your earnings indefinitely. Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically to your primary payment method, even if they are below your Automatic Schedule balance limit.

~Andrea
Upwork

Your payments still in hold by ecrow and not the upwork company invoicing all freelancer and clients employees working on upwork .I hope I can be suggest to you is contact the help and support desk service or community forums you get from upwork freelancers members.
Thank you for your feedback we hope we’re we can give much more ideas how your payments not yet receiving and might be hold by Escrow
ec5f9b4f
Community Member

Hi petra. 

Same thing happened to me. I thought there will be a confirmation first from me, before they released a payment. 

The confirmation was sent earlier today Philippine time 3:49 pm. Until now 9:51 pm, and still not credited from my bank account.

giddy007
Community Member

Upwork initiated an automatic withdrawal to a bank account that is not supported anymore, i am trying to reverse this payment request...The bank account might still be valid but i don't have access to it anymore.

Please i need help on this!

Hi Gideon,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
asifanwar451
Community Member

My payment scheduled settings are defined to do withdrawal only when balance is $1,000.00 or more. But, today, a payment was initiated despite the fact that my balance was under $100.

Can I stop the payment?

Cheers.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
958178a4
Community Member

Hello Team,

Please I don't wish the automatic withdrawal to happen on my account.

Kindly assist to cancel the withdrawal because I plan to do a manual withdrawal to Payoneer later this week.

How can I cancel the automatic withdrawal?

Thank you,

Please I need help with an unauthorized payment. How can I get in touch with support?

Hi Itoje,

Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not. You can adjust your automatic withdrawal limit in your Get Paid settings under Edit Schedule. If your available balance never exceeds this limit, you can use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. It’s totally up to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
codeinn
Community Member

Hi...

Upwork automatically withdraw to my local bank account even if my upwork balance did not exceed the limit that upwork mentioned as "we’ll only withdraw your payment if your balance is larger than this amount".

Also it transferred the whole amount did not even leave amount mentioned as "Reserve balance".

Guide me if there is a way to reverse or cancel the transaction.

Regards.

Hi Ahsan,

Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not. You can adjust your automatic withdrawal limit in your Get Paid settings under Edit Schedule. If your available balance never exceeds this limit, you can use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. It’s totally up to you.

Please note that once a withdrawal is initiated it cannot be canceled whether it is manual or automatic. The funds will be sent to the payment method on file. If there are any issues with the bank account, the funds will be returned to Upwork and once this has happened, rest assured that we will immediately credit the funds to your account.

~ AJ
Upwork
codeinn
Community Member

Thanks for quick response.
"Balances older than 180 days 
will be withdrawn automatically"  did know that...
that is the reason why it happend.

b_hajrania
Community Member

Hello, I recieved an email saying that i procceed a payment of all the money I had in Upwork to my local bank, thing that I didn t even did or ask for, now I am at 0.00 balance. how to get the money back? 

Hi Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e6b1fbe3
Community Member

I saved an ACH US bank account for automatic quarterly withdrawals. I set it to ONLY when balance is above $1000.

I no longer have access to the account due to an issue with my service provider that they promised to work out. So I didn't delete the account. Imagine my surprise when the little $95 I had was automatically sent there. That's less than a tenth of $1000. 

Why was it automatically withdrawn, and how do I get my money back?

Hi Emeka,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
sibelso
Community Member

Has any Freelancer also had their funds disbursed to their bank account earlier then it should have?

Recently, Upwork disbursed all my earnings to my bank account without my authorization. I have contacted support, they claim that they can only hold the funds up to 180 days - which is ok but does not apply to my case because I had those earnings around a month before this incident - hence still well within that 180 days period.

They do not give me any proper explanation for why this would happen - so that I can avoid the same situation again. Has anyone else had the same problem?

fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Sibel,
If you go to your profile settings > get paid, there is a setting that say Withdrawal schedule, maybe it was that?

sibelso
Community Member

Nope, it was not the schedule either. I have a lower limit for disbursement
and my funds were below the set limit.
02f6c473
Community Member

I didn't authorize any withdrawal. I have no access to the Payoneer account right now. 

Can it be cancelled please?

Let me change my primary withdrawal method. 

This only happens when you set up an automated payment schedule, I.e. you have authorised this payment.  Payments to Payoneer and PayPall are virtually instant and it is highly likely that this can be reversed.

To avoid this update your payment method for future transactions.

Hi Cynthia Nkechinyer,

Iwan's correct! In addition to that, I can confirm that the transaction you're referring it was successful on our end. Unfortunately, once a transaction has been processed, we can no longer intercept and cancel. You may contact Payoneer directly and seek assistance with the transaction.

~ Arjay
Upwork
esokan
Community Member

Hello,

There was an unauthorized payment (ref: 623831330) from my account to my old PayPal account which I do not and can not use anymore. It was less than $ 1,000 dollars, and I earned most of it less than a week ago, not 180 days per your spec. I want this money to be retrieved/refunded to my account so I can transfer it to my local bank and report it as income to tax services. Since PayPal removed itself from my country I can not withdraw from PayPal in my country.

Hi Erdogan,

I am sorry to hear about the withdrawal initiated on your account. I checked the transaction you are referring to and it looks like the transaction was initiated due to outdated funds on your Upwork account. I would like to inform you that you cannot hold your earnings for more than 180 days. Upwork balance with earnings older than 180 days will be automatically pushed to the registered payment method. In case the payment method is inactive or invalid, the fund will be automatically reversed to your Upwork account within 8 business days. Feel free to message us if you do not see the balance in your account after 8 business days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
esokan
Community Member

As I explained in the original post, I earned the money on the 20th of this very month, whereas the withdrawal happened on the 27th, which is way shorter than 180 days. I believe this action was in error. Now money is in an account that I cannot access and cannot get back. an you just cancel the withdrawal so I can have my money?

I understand your concern, Erdogan. The Transaction History page shows your previous balance of $79.07 before the latest funds were added to your Upwork account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
esokan
Community Member

No, you don't understand! You could have sent the $79 then, or at least you could have notified. I was keeping that amount for upwork fees. Now, money is in an account I cannot withdraw from, and PayPal tells me to talk to you. Just get the money back, and I'll withdraw it to my bank account immediately.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused to you, Erdogan. There is no option to separate your recent earnings from the older earnings on your Upwork. That said, even a $1 earnings held in your account for more than 180 days will initiate a complete withdrawal of your Upwork balance. 

Since the funds are already credited to your Upwork account, we will be unable to reverse the transaction. I suggest you contact Paypal support to request a reversal. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
esokan
Community Member

This is unacceptable! To whom or to where I need to contact to solve this? PayPal says they cannot solve this; instead, they told me to ask you to cancel the payment, which you cannot do. So, who's gonna solve it?

I'm starting a company, so I was waiting to receive that money for those operations to be completed. Now,i I lost money over some trivial issue.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, Erdogan. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths