Upload a Microsoft word document

I am not able to upload a Microsoft word document 

I can upload PDF files but sometimes need to upload a word document

I am working from an IPAD 12 pro 

I cannot figure this out - 

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Sandy,

Can you please share a screenshot of the error you see whenever you try uploading the document? You can also try uploading it from a laptop or desktop browser if you're able to.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9e7e3a44
Community Member

If you're having trouble uploading a Microsoft Word document from your iPad Pro, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. Here's a general guide that might help:

1. Use the Correct App:

• Ensure that you are using the correct application to upload the document. If you are using a web browser, make sure it's updated to the latest version. If you are using a specific app, check for updates in the App Store.
  2. Check File Size:

• Some platforms or apps may have restrictions on file size. Make sure your Word document is within the acceptable size limits.
  3. Document Format:

• Confirm that the Word document is in a compatible format. Most platforms accept .docx format, which is the default format for Microsoft Word documents.
  4. Conversion:

• If the platform only supports PDF uploads, you might need to convert your Word document to PDF before uploading. There are various apps available on the App Store that can help with this conversion.
  5. Cloud Storage:

• Consider uploading the Word document to a cloud storage service like iCloud, Google Drive, or Dropbox, and then share the link or access the document from there.
  6. Browser Settings:

• If you are using a web browser, check your browser settings to ensure that it allows file uploads. Sometimes, browser settings or restrictions may affect the upload process.
  7. Restart the App or Browser:

• Close and restart the app or web browser you are using. Sometimes, glitches or temporary issues can be resolved by restarting the application.
  8. Check for App-Specific Issues:

• If you are using a specific app for uploading, check the app's support or help documentation for any known issues related to document uploads.
  9. iPad Settings:

• Ensure that your iPad has the necessary permissions to access and upload documents. Go to iPad Settings > [App Name] > Allow [App Name] to Access.
  10. Contact Support:

• If the issue persists, consider reaching out to the support team of the platform or app you are using for assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance based on their system.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, providing more specific details about the platform, app, or website you are using could help in offering more targeted assistance.

Community Member

I don't necesarily get a error message, I just get feedback from the freelancers that they don't get the Word file at all or that some formatting, especially comments in the review process, are missing.  I am beginning to think this is because some are using various OS like Android, etc, with less functional Word software.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths