🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork contact details and response time
Page options
ec3d430e
Community Member

Upwork contact details and response time

What are the full proper contact details of upwork? Its like it is purposely hiding its official address, telephone number, email address and ability to actually open a proper ticket.

No chat now either so how are you supposed to contact anyone?

5 days, 2 agents later with their 'escalations' and false promises and still no response received for what should be simple payment fix.

15 REPLIES 15
ArjayM

Hi Sam,

Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize if we weren't able to get back to you sooner. I have checked your account and I can see that a support ticket has been created for your concern. I suggest you communicate with our team through those tickets for further assistance.

In general, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ec3d430e
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thanks for the response.

Well then you can see 5 days with no response and chat agents mostly unhelpful.

Following your instructions, I still don't see a chat option. Just lots of irrelevant knowledgebase posts.... I also don't see the information I requested in first post. And I also don't see any way to open an actual ticket directly.

Thanks

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'd like to confirm that your concern has already been escalated to the appropriate team for review. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Please feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have on the ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
ec3d430e
Community Member

Hi,

2 Moderators + 3 agents + 7days later and STILL no response!

Also, why are you ignoring straight forward questions?

-What is the official upwork address?

-What is the upwork phone number?

-What is the upwork email address?

-How do you actually open a ticket directly?

Live chat is still not available which means short of this community section there is NO OBVIOUS WAY to contact upwork directly.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam, 

I apologise for the delay. We have followed up with the team handling your account concern, and they will get back to you soon. If you don't hear back within 24 to 48 hours, let us know, and we'll assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
ec3d430e
Community Member

Hi,

3 Moderators + 3 agents + 8days later and STILL no response!

Also, why are you ignoring straight forward questions?

Live chat is still not available which means short of this community section there is NO OBVIOUS WAY to contact upwork directly.

ec3d430e
Community Member

Do note guys, that for a company that demands your attention, and suspends your client and/or freelancer accounts on whim, they certainly do not appear to give out that attention to you themselves, nor for that matter address your concerns.

Finally gotten a response, but so far its all been cookie cutter, contradictory and of zero help.

Conveniently, to date, every single agent has ignored the 4 basic questions and still no apparent live chat.

Apparently someone from escalations will handle the matter now...Will report back.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam, 

I understand why you're upset. I can see that your concern has already been escalated, and the team reached out to you through Ticket #35080444. I can confirm that the team is looking into your matter. As this has already been escalated and is being handled by another team, please continue communicating with them through the same ticket thread so that you can be assisted more efficiently. On our end, we'll follow up with the team and let them know that you're waiting for a response. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ec3d430e
Community Member

We are now going into June.

They are still responding very slowly with non-responses and cookie cutter messages.

They are still refusing to provide any transparency, reasoning or justification but DEMAND EVERYTHING from you.

They still close tickets at their own whim without any resolution or way for you to get it escalated and addressed.

They still DO NOT answer reasonable and logical questions or address specific concerns.

And they have STILL not answered the 5 basics:

-Why no obvious live chat?

Why upwork do you behave this way?

Hi Sam,

I certainly understand your frustration. However, I can see that the team handling your concern was able to explain and provide you with instructions on how you can proceed with your account. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that support ticket for updates and further assistance. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we address your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ec3d430e
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Everyone seems to 'understand' my frustrations but NO ONE seems to want to help or do anything.

Your team explained nothing and provided no clarity. I literally numbered all my points of concern to simplify addressing them but got nothing.

Even you have decided to ignore;

-Why no obvious live chat?

Thanks

Hi Sam,

The answer to your questions 1-3 is here.

To open  a support ticket or speak with one of our supports:

1. Go to the Help Center.
  2. Select “Get Support” at the bottom of your screen.
  3. Type a question or topic and select "Send". The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  4. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support."
  5. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided.

The live chat option is presented when you follow the steps above. If the live chat representative is not able to resolve the issue or if further assistance is needed, a support ticket will be opened for you.

If you have further questions, you may send them to the agent handling your open support ticket right now to keep them updated in case you have other concerns. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

From the 21+agents you have been the most helpful so far. Thank you.

Is there an escalation process or supervisor available to request on tickets eg compliance?

Thanks

ec3d430e
Community Member

So again no response for over a week?

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your message. I will follow up with the team to expedite a response on your support ticket.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths