🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork do not care about the Employers! NEED ...
Page options
b584bd08
Community Member

Upwork do not care about the Employers! NEED NEW WEBSITE TO HIRE WORK

I am so diapointed with Upwork as I have been a long time client and spent lots of money on Upwork, and encounter this situation twice. However, this situation had way more money on the line and Upwork poor handling of it now makes me believe its a company ran by scammers or robots. Here is my story:

I posted a job anniucenment and after much review, one freelancer stroked my ego stating he can create the app for me. He said all the right words and I believed him. Going against my gut, I paid him hourly. After a week, I did not see anything in the diary which I have proof of him stating he will screen record. I asked him and then he started an abusive arguement with me stating he doesn't want to work for me and then charges my credit card! I was shocked that he was able to charge me without me reviewing his work #1, and that he never submitted anything. I sent all of this to Upwork as I wrote bad feedback and accused the freelancer of scamming me out of money when he had no intentions of doing my service. Before he quit, he said he was finish with the code, so when he charged me $100, I told him to provide the code or refund me. I was hoping Upwork would read the transcript as he did not follow through on what he promised. 

However, Upwork sent me the same template-that-fits-all email I got five years ago stating that they reviewed the diary log (what log?) and determined the hours and time online (so, I'm paying for someone else work?) Disputes are based on whether or not the freelancer was working on the appropriate contract (WHAT PRODUCT?) . Decisions are not based on the quality of the work product (WHERE IS THE PRODUCT?) . and that no refund is not allowed. You got to be &%*%*%.... 

This actual insane that employers are not protected when work is not delivered. Any suggestion on new site to join with a REAL INVESTIGATION? 

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths