🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork is asking for my friend's Govt ID Proo...
Page options
18003a73
Community Member

Upwork is asking for my friend's Govt ID Proof

Hi everyone

I'm trying really hard to build my upwork career and working day in and out for the first few jobs. I got my first job a week ago. Later got three more small jobs. I'm really happy for how I was able to fetch (small) but valuable clients despite having no upwork work history. Although the first job came after months of trying.

Excited me - I thought of purchasing a lot of connects so I can try more and get some more clients. I don't have a credit card and unfortunately from India - only credit cards work on upwork (at least for me). 

I searched upwork forums if we can purchase connects from a friends card. The community members, support, etc everyone said - "yes, you can". I borrowed a friend's card and tried to buy. Upwork striked my account with a temporary hold asking for a Govt ID Proof of ... MY FRIEND.

After talking to support - they still say the same. I need to give my friend's ID Proof. How can I do that ? Of course I had authority to use his card - but it's not possible for me to use his ID Proof (despite him being a friend because that just doesn't sound okay and required).

Can someone help me understand what's really happening? I'm so troubled as I have worked super hard to reach where I am on upwork. The hold is not allowing me to withdraw money.

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Aryan,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
18003a73
Community Member

Yes I have opended ticket and its been so many days your team is just wasting my time. Upwork work internal team don't have any coordination. Its been more than week and they cant solve this and I have never seen such pathetic support team in my whole life..

Your team first told me to upload my friends id then other day they told me to upload back side of it. Then after that they message me and told me that docs don't match with my account. 

Well they think I am fool. How can my friends id match with my details. In first place if you want to verify my account details with documents, Then ask for my ids. 

I think I need to move to fiverr or freelancer.com as I heard they better support then upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths