🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork not allowing withdrawls
Page options
1b94de26
Community Member

Upwork not allowing withdrawls

I got paid on a contract for 3 different milestones. Suddenly Upwork asked me to verify the identity and answer some of the questions regarding the contract and work.

I got my id verified successfully, I have also answered all the questions. 

But still my account is suspended and all my balance is available for withdrawal which I can't. 

On the other hand client is asking for refunds since the project was in the middle I haven't shared the project files as well. I won't refund though but I'm afraid Upwork will not allow me to withdraw the money at all and keeps the money on Upwork Indefinitely. Is this possible? Is that happened to anyone? Upwork keeping the money and not paying to freelancer or not giving the money back to client? At the moment they aren't responding to tickets at all. Client is also frustrated due to this hold and upwork team is sleeping. 

They don't care about anything they are just holding the money for no reason...

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

I saw no cases where uprork took money. It is possible if both will be banned. I think that your client will receive refund if you cannot pass verification.

NikolaS

Hi Muhammad, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1b94de26
Community Member

Someone responded after this post with the generic response that they are checking it and will resolve the issue as soon as they can. I want expecting such response. I am asking for my account restoration that has been put on hold for no reason along with funds. 

83bf95d6
Community Member

Hi Mohammed how do u get paid on this Upwork pls teach me 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths