🐈
» Forums » Support » Victime d'escroquerie
Page options
fcacc08c
Community Member

Victime d'escroquerie

Good evening Upwork I am on this platform because I have something to help and put my time to good use, to direct towards those people who have needs of my services. I have been applying since but I have not yet had any contract but recently, that is to say this Thursday, June 1, 2023, a company contacted me and I had seen the notification on upwork but today, no more traceability on upwork. Subsequently I received an email in which there was a link that redirected me to telegram, and from Thursday to today Sunday, we exchanged by email and telegram and I carried out a project for them. Whenever I talk to chat on upwork, no response I finished the work they assigned to me and it made me tired, I had to get help to keep up with the deadlines. Now I am told that to get paid, I have to give a fee which amounts to $30. Afterwards, I was asked for my identifiers and especially my upwork password, of course I refused. The name of the company is: HALIFAX central library

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spectralua
Community Member

It is not a company but scammer.

You have broke Upwork rules.

You worked for free and lost money if paid already. Also you can loose your account with ToS violation.

Study, read forum, read rules and dont repeat your fault again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

It is not a company but scammer.

You have broke Upwork rules.

You worked for free and lost money if paid already. Also you can loose your account with ToS violation.

Study, read forum, read rules and dont repeat your fault again.

sofia2008
Community Member

Freelancers can get their account suspended for planning to get paid outside Upwork. The word «victim» might not be accurate in these cases.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths