🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Visual Verification time is over 1 busine...
Page options
Eduardo P Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
Dawit L Community Member

My first ‘digital nomad job’ was a freelancer writer. I applied for jobs on Upwork writing articles, books, product descriptions — just about anything you can imagine. And after several years of pitching clients and landing jobs, I perfected my cover letters. It sounds a little cocky, I know, to say I ‘perfected’ them but for the last two years that I worked through Upwork, every pitch I sent out resulted in me being hired.
So as my talent seems to lie in writing Upwork cover letters, I thought I’d write a post about it, for anyone else who wants to go freelance so that they travel while working. Plus, I no longer use Upwork, so I don’t mind sharing my secrets.

Dawit Lemma
Misbah hareem K Community Member

Hi , i have been asked to verify my account and i verified myself with the CNIC and was taken to the next step where visual identification is required but every time i try the selfie ,a technical error shows up on the page . I am lost at how to verify myself visually.  Would appreciate some help. Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Red,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already completed a Visual Verification on your account and your account is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Varun P Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

hope you are doing well.I have just started Freelancinng on Upwork and submitted my ID and Selfie verification.The phone automatically detected my face and took a photo I was actually not ready.But it has been more than 4 days my selfie hasnt been verified and I have submitted my Addhar card(in other as well as GOV ID) and It has been unable to process It as well.

please look into it and have a good day

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Varun,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Apologies for the delay in processing your verification request. I understand how important it is to have your account verified in order to start freelancing on Upwork. We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests and are working hard to process them as quickly as possible. 

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I was informed that you will need to update your profile picture before they review your document submission. Your profile photo must be real and clearly show your face. Feel free to message us after you have updated the profile picture so that I can expedite the review process for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Wasiq A Community Member

Hi i want to do visual verification but getting a page of 404 while click on visual verification through support anyone help me i am also attaching the issue screenshot 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Wasiq,

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. I suggest you try the following steps to resolve the issue: 1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. 2. Try using a different browser. 3. Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser. If the issue persists, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Salina G Community Member

I've got a notification to verify yesterday and all other options are verified but visual verification is still pending. I can't  get my money because of it. Is there anything can be done. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Salina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Zhang Y Community Member

Hi, everybody.

Upwork verification has 3 steps. The third step is Visual Verification. Below message is copied from upwork verification page.

"We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day."

It's almost 2 business days passed. But it is still reviewing state.

There is no another option to do Visual verification again. Why is it longer than 1 business day in when Upwork mention?

Should I still wait?

Or should I contact upwork support team?

If anyone can give me answer, it will be helpful.

Regards,

Zhang.

Nemanja T Community Member

Hi, Zhang. 

I can not answer your question. My freelancer account was born one week ago, I am still not verified state.

Can you tell me how to verify account? You alre already ahead of me.

Thanks,

Nemanja.

Zhang Y Community Member

In my case, I received Verification Request when I was hired for the first job proposal 2 days ago.

Maybe you must buy connects and bid on the upwork jobs seriouly. At then you will get the chance.

There is no button to do it manually.

Dmytro K Community Member

Hello, Nemanja.

To verify your identification, please click your avatar at the top right corner of your screen.

And there you can see settings, please click.

Then it will show a security question window, but ignore it at the first time.

There you can see Identity Verification tag.

Click it and it will show Identity Verification page.

Now you can verify your identification by pressing Get Started button.

Nemanja T Community Member

Hi, Dmytro.

Thanks for your sharing knowledge. Unfortunately, I could not find any Verification tag after passed the security question page. It means I could not find any Verification tag or word in my account Setting page.

Should I find the Verification tag just in the security quetion page?

Or would you like to share a screenshot for me to find the tag easily?

Thanks,

Nemanja.

Dmytro K Community Member

Hello, Zhang.

Sometimes upwork takes more than 2 days to verify your visual identification.

If you are a real account(nowadays a lot of scammers here), then there is no need to worry about that.

You will be verified soon.

And if it doesn't work then you can contact Upwork Support Services.

Zhang Y Community Member

Hi, Dmytro K. Thanks for your answer my question. I am a real person of my account, so I don't worry about it.

I can wait for more if Upwork will take more than 2 days to verify visual identification.

The upwork message told that it would take upto 1 business day, so I worried much after passed one day time.

Great answer. Thanks again.

Maarten L Community Member

I was in a call with the agent 'Marco M.'. I had to install google meet for a call verification. While doing that, I left the chat and joined the google meet and entered the given code. I never got accepted in the call room. Did the code change? Is it possible to arrange a new call?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Maarten,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I see that you have already completed the Visual verification now.

- Pradeep

Catherine E Community Member

Hi, I have sent my selfie verification for over 3 business days, my id and location has already been verified, but the selfie is still not verified, I don't know if there's an issue.  I got my first job on the 10th and I was given until 17th to verify my identity. Today's the 17th so I'm scared my account will be on hold if it's not verified. Please I need help help with this.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Catherine,

I checked and can confirm that your verification is now completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Nirman D Community Member

I already done my visual verification but it is in process from last 8 days and we are not able to send praposal to clients 

Please help us ASAP 

Gabriela J Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem. Two days left for verification 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Gabriela,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
Nirman D Community Member

Hii upwork team I already changed my name and profile photo but after that till now my visual verification not verified till now please help me ASAP beacous for this issue I am not able to send praposal to clients

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Nirman,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths