🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
460087bc
Community Member

Hi,
I have recently submitted my selfie for visual verification to get the identity badge from upwork. It has been more than an hour and that is still in review.

Hi Wasif,

Your selfie submission can take up to 1 business day to be reviewed. Please allow more time for the review to be completed; the team will contact you directly if there's anything else you need to do.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f95ed3db
Community Member

My Visual verification has been done but hasn't been reviewed and it has been 4 months:

f95ed3db_0-1704782037633.png

Hi Tyrone,

I can see that you have submitted a support ticket to our team already. Please allow them time to review. They will update you directly on the same ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f95ed3db
Community Member

This still hasnt been fixed, both times I have asked for help the support person tells me to complete my visual verification which I have done. the issue is it hasn't been reviewed.

03997d2f
Community Member

I recently verified my account with my ID with but now I can't find a visual verification option in the setting or any other verification option in the account setting, I can't even confirm whether my ID is verified or not please someone help

c7210a80
Community Member

it's almost three business days now, my visual verification is not done, while the message says it can only take 1 business day

Hi Al-assad,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've notified the team handling your case and they've confirmed that your selfie verification is currently under manual review. You will be getting an update as soon as the review is completed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2f28bfa8
Community Member

Hello
My name is vlada and my account was suspended last week

I have to take video verification, but I have no webcam

Can I take it via mobile phone?

Sure if your cellphone have camera and videochat option. 

25eeb145
Community Member

I cant apply for job from my freelance account as my photo verification is till pending. I am waiting for it to be verified from yesterday. Today I have submitted again. Kindly response. 

One more thing, I have made my agency account premium but mistakenly purchased connects for my freelance account. Can those be transferred to my agency account? 

Please response, I am very much new to this platform, and I am very interested. Also If the amounts can be transferred then I will be very much happy as it can save my money!

Kindly help on these two issues. please!

It is not so fast. You can wait or rush support time from time.

No, connects untransferable within accounts. You bust buy them again for corrent one.

Hi Rajashree,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your Connects concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Additionally, our team has reviewed the photo that was uploaded and it looks like you will need to update your profile for them to complete the visual verification. You may check this help article for more information and guidelines.

~ Arjay
Upwork
417a9ad2
Community Member

I am doing verification with wrong ID card. Because of that now I can't do face verification. How can you help me for that?

417a9ad2_0-1706360944971.png

Hi Antora,

Please proceed with the visual verification as indicated on the Identity Verification page. If there are any issues with your submission, the team will contact you directly to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a8aabd1e
Community Member

Hello Luiggi, 

I have similar issue but mine is for visual verification. It's been weeks and the visual verification hasn't still be approved and I can't propose for jobs. Attached is my screenshot 

Hi Timawus,

Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your verification is now completed. You should be able to submit proposals again. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cff02d0f
Community Member

Hi, my webcam and my mobile device can both show the visual verification pages, but when the page says "Smile to take a selfie," there is no button where I can take a selfie. I held the screen and wanted to see if it would automatically take the photo, but it didn't. What should I do to finish the verification process?

I would prefer to not speaking with agent in video call, so wanted to finish the process using my device. I can see my devices were working great I just didn't have a button to take selfie with in the interface.

Thank you.

Hi Jr-Yun,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
339c3a66
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I'm writing to request assistance with completing my visual verification. Unfortunately, when I access the camera on both my browser and phone, there's no option to capture a picture. The countdown timer runs, but I'm unable to proceed due to the missing capture button.

I've already tried clearing browser data and cookies, as well as using different browsers, but the issue persists. This delay is hindering my ability to work and find clients on Upwork.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and help me complete the verification process as soon as possible. I'm eager to continue using Upwork to its full potential.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Hi Okba,

Could you please try checking if you have an updated version of your browser? I also checked your account and saw that the team reached out to you to provide an update on the status of the documents you submitted. You can check this ticket for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f2458a77
Community Member

Hi, I completed all the steps of my identify verification last week, the ID document and location verification show complete, but the visual verfication still says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.". It has been a week, which is much longer than expected.

I also don't see an option to re-do the visual verification, so I'm not sure what to do here. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if its me but there doesn't seem to be any way to create a ticket on support.upwork.com and the chatbot refuses to make a ticket for me when prompted.

Hi Matthew,

I have checked with our verification team, and I'm happy to inform you that the badge has been added to your account already. You may log into your account to check.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
b29b8624
Community Member

Hi, I'm new here at Upwork.

I was trying to verify my identity by taking a selfie but the system did not recognize my face. My boyfriend tried to help me and accidentally took a photo of himself. The photo is still pending verification but of course, it will not match my identity. I wanted to know how to fix this and how to be able to take a selfie again.

Thank you very much and I appreciate your answers.

Hi Erica,

I understand that you accidentally submitted a picture of your boyfriend for Visual verification. We are unable to edit the submission after it is already uploaded. You will have another chance to upload the correct photo after our team rejects the current one. This process may take up to one business day. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
fda1b287
Community Member

I am continuously trying to verify my selfie with my government ID from last 7 days but its not verified. I also have tried to add verify it with another government ID but here its no option to remove our previous government ID and update new one and verify it. please reply me fast

Hi Miral,

Your selfie is being rejected because your Upwork profile picture doesn't meet Upwork requirements. An email notification with more details was sent to you as well. Your profile photo must meet the following requirements:

• It must look like you.
  • It must be a headshot-style photo.
  • Sunglasses, other individuals, logos, or pictures of anything other than your face are not allowed.

Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6f4cd4f6
Community Member

Hello. Please I need help

I have to take a selfie for verification and I can't find my ID ticket request number. I've checked my mail but it's not there. "My request" page is also empty

Hi Precious,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that the team has sent you a text message with the link to process the visual verification/selfie. Could you please ensure if you were able to receive the message? let us know if you need further assistance; we'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
05b83252
Community Member

The visual verification step does not work.I have tried several times with WiFi without WiFi nothing works it just gives an error message and when you hit "try again"it just does it again. Very frustrating.

Hi Amanda,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties processing the visual verification. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5249bb41
Community Member

Two questions:

1)

I've been trying to complete my profile for some time now. i've submitted step 3 of the identification verification process multiple times:

3. Visual verification
Take a selfie with your camera which matches the picture on your ID. Learn more.

Each time I submit it, the message changes to tell me it takes up to 1 business day to get approved. However, after 2+ days, the message defaults back to the italicized sentence above. I do not get an email or notification telling me my selfie was not approved. How can I fix this so I can start to work?

2)

I've submitted several photos for my profile photo and each one is 'unacceptable,' including the most passport-esque photo I have. How can I get my photo approved?

Thank you!

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madeleine, please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:

- You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo

- It is not a logo or clip-art

- It is not a group photo

- The picture was not digitally-altered

- The maximum size is 5 MB

If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists. After you're able to update your profile picture, please try again to perform the Visual Verification. If you're still having trouble please don't hesitate to follow up here and we'll be happy to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
5249bb41
Community Member

Hi, thank you for this response. I did all of those things before, but I just tried again and for some reason it worked. Thanks!

e1376338
Community Member

Good Day

How long will it take to review my viual verification? I changed my name also since it did not reflect my name on my ID that I uploaded but only after verification. I also change my profile pick to a correct photo of me.

Kindly assist because I am a little stressed out since I dont want to start over again. 

Thank you in advance

Francois Ferns

Hi Simon,

The visual verification can take up to 1 business day to be reviewed. If there is any problem with your submission, the team will notify you and let you know what you should do next. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
acb989d6
Community Member

I got my first offer at Upwork on March 1, 2024 and it reminds me of the action required: "Verify your identity by 03/08/2024 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork."

But I tried several times and kept getting the error of "We're unable to identify your identity at this time", and it also seems to get stuck on the Visual Verification process showing "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day."

How to fix the problem of not being able to verify my ID? I only have 1 day left as it notified.

Hi Miaoyue,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and your identity verification is now approved. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
034a304d
Community Member

Upwork suddenly required me to verify my id. So that's what I have been trying to do for the past 2 hours.

I can go through the "ID details" part without any issue but can't go through the "Visual check" part at all for some reason. (I am doing the verification process via a phone)

I even tried changing the browser but that did nothing.

1f3acd68-86db-4899-b8a1-23e886e94251.png

It tells me to place my face within the oval, I do but nothing happens. I am just sitting there.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths