🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

516 REPLIES 516
b13b0cc0
Community Member

I received notification to verify identity. I go to Identity verification setting  and received link to verify. In the first steps my ID verfied successfully. When i tried to verify my Selfie, it gives me error of face not recognised. I tried in well light area and proper white background. Tried changing the background and lighting but still the same. 

Hi Priyanka,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties completing the visual verification. Please know that our verification feature is compatible with any of the following devices listed in this help article. Could you please confirm if the device you're using is listed and compatible? Don't worry; the secure and encrypted link you received will remain active for 30 days.

We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cc32f6c8
Community Member

After the id photo, I keep trying to finish the selfie step but it's not working.

I click "ready", my face appears in "the oval", a few seconds then it blinks, then nohting, the screen just stay as it's until I click the "X" to leave.

Hi Mada,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while completing verification. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Still the same problem after clearing the browser, and using a different one.

Hi Mada,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, Mada E

Did you finish the selfie?

No. Tried again and still the same. And no contact from support yet.

Well, it's a sad thing.☹️

So they actually did contact me, but it was via email so I missed it. It was an auto reply about trying again, different browser etc. I already tried and been trying that since it was suggestted here.

Hello, Mada

I've just finished my verification by switching a different phone.

There were some messages show in the oval on the new phone.

You may try.

Best with!

Yeah, the same here, tried it now on a different phone and it worked, thx.

94d20224
Community Member

Hello,

I recently gave Upwork a selfie identity verification 2 days ago, and today received an email saying I must update my profile image because I was wearing glasses in that one.

I have updated it now. How long will it take to get my identity verified? Because it's not giving me an option of letting me undergo a new verification process. This is taking so much time.

Please assist!

Hi Nehakiran,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your verification was completed successfully. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f6307814
Community Member

I want to video verify my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Roman,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and It appears that you will need to verify your account to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can start with your verification process from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Upwork
682ccc53
Community Member

I submited the Id and selfie for the id verification process.But it shows this.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Hi Nisith,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. I can see that the team reached out to you via a support ticket with more information about what happened. Kindly refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
11a0c901
Community Member

Hey

I am going to verify my identity using the PC camera but I can not see this option.

This is the problem of my side or upwork doesn't support the laptop verification anymore?

I need an urgent help.

11a0c901_0-1713275622717.png

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you need to use your mobile device to complete the verification process. You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
11a0c901
Community Member

As I can not access to my phone at this time, I am going to do the verification using my laptop.

So it is impossible to use my laptop camera instead of mobile device for the id verification?

f2513936
Community Member

I am trying to verify my identity AGAIN and for some reason my cell phone camera will not allow upfront to access.  So I did it by my computer a couple weeks ago and now I need to do that again but can't figure out how to get the email or set up requests, can someone please help me?  This is so frustrating.  Thank you 

Hi Teri,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f2513936
Community Member

thank you so very much!!!! 

cb4c0fc5
Community Member

I've tried clearing cookies and using different browsers but the visual aid to put your face in the oval not responding even remaining still for close to 10 minutes.

Hi David,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review and shared your report about the visual verification issue. One of the team members has reached out via email with more information and instructions in resolving the issue. Please don't hesitate to coordinate by responding to the email if you need further assistance; they'll gladly help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cb4c0fc5
Community Member

Hi ArjaM,

I haven't yet received any email from your team member.

-David

Hi David,

I can see that one of our team members has already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here and respond to the same ticket if you have further queries. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a1821204
Community Member

I have verified everything starting from Government ID to selfie..but still not got verified..dont know what to do..Please look inti matter and help me out

81bc1986
Community Member

Hello, 

I've been trying to get my account verified several times in the last few days. Unfortunately, the app picks up the data (ID / selfie), but always ends up being unable to submit data, and when trying "Retry from settings", it directs me to a 404 page. I've tried contacting the support via chat but the chatbot simply stonewalls me. Is there any way I can email the support directly to get verified by hand? 

Thank you in advance,

Sigrid

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with the ID verification process on Upwork. If the usual channels for support are not yielding the assistance you need and you're being directed to a 404 page, it could be indicative of a more technical issue.

As for contacting Upwork support directly by email, they typically prefer users to go through their Help Center to submit a request or use the chat feature to eventually reach a live support agent. However, it sounds like you've had difficulty with the chatbot interface. Here’s what you should do:

1. Visit the Upwork Help Center from a computer instead of your mobile device to see if you can bypass the issue you are encountering with the app. Often, accessing help resources and submitting support tickets is more reliable from a desktop environment.

2. Look for a way to Submit a Ticket or Request Support. Upwork typically has a process for submitting a help request where you can directly communicate your issue to a support agent. This option may be somewhat hidden after interacting with their support bot, but phrases like "need human help" or "speak to a representative" might prompt the chatbot to escalate to a human.

3. Go to Upwork’s Community Forums and look for any similar issues, or you can post your own question. Sometimes, community members or moderators can provide you with an email address or a direct link to reach support.

4. Ensure that you are accessing the latest version of the app and that your operating system is up to date.

If you still can't reach support through these methods, consider reaching out to Upwork on Twitter at @UpworkHelp. Social media channels are sometimes monitored by different teams, and this can be an effective way to get attention for technical support issues.

Remember, if it is an ongoing platform issue, Upwork's tech team is likely already working on a fix. Continue to monitor your email for any updates from Upwork about the issue.

Hi Sigrid,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you further with completing the ID verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
81bc1986
Community Member

Thank you very much, sir!

0d016447
Community Member

Hi,
Hope you're well. I am unable to verify my id by visual check and get a blue a tick. Everytime i try uploading my selfie this error comes up on my mobile screen. Can anyone help me with this please. Thank you

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-06 at 16.27.25.jpeg

Hi Umer,

I've converted your post into a support ticket to give this the attention it deserves. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you with further assistance once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5d8aa219
Community Member

after i upload my government ID yesterday UPWORK brings this request = "Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork." when i click on it, it redirects me to identity verification page but there is no button to a video call or anything to engage with for further action. the email says i need to finish this with in 7 days to keep my account active. what should I do? below is my identity verification page.

upwork.png

Hi Kassahun,

I'm sorry to hear you were having trouble with the verification process. I see that you could submit your selfie for verification; kindly allow 1-3 days for the team to review your submission. If there's anything else you need to do, rest assured that the team will let you know directly. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths