🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524

Hi Jonathan,

I reached out to the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate this. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
40ad21f1
Community Member

Hello, I have tried the 'Appear on camera' step 12 times to be verified. I've tried taking a selfie with adequate lighting using three different phones, but nothing works. Please help me.

Hi Colin,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
70d28434
Community Member

Hello

I am facing a problem and hope you guys can help me.I opened the account after a week I was sent for verification I did the verification but still it didn't apply  no message sent to me upwork.If I have a verification problem how will I know if my verification is correct if I am not notified.Due to which I am not able to send any proposal for any work,

Please tell me what is the solution

Hasina

Hi Hasina,

I checked your account and see that your selfie is being rejected because your Upwork profile picture doesn't meet Upwork requirements. 

Your profile photo must meet the following requirements:

• It must look like you.
  • It must be a headshot-style photo.
  • Sunglasses, other individuals, logos, or pictures of anything other than your face are not allowed.

Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo. Once you've updated it, you can try uploading your ID again from the Identity Verification settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths