🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532

Hi, Dmytro K. Thanks for your answer my question. I am a real person of my account, so I don't worry about it.

I can wait for more if Upwork will take more than 2 days to verify visual identification.

The upwork message told that it would take upto 1 business day, so I worried much after passed one day time.

Great answer. Thanks again.

97903ad7
Community Member

I was in a call with the agent 'Marco M.'. I had to install google meet for a call verification. While doing that, I left the chat and joined the google meet and entered the given code. I never got accepted in the call room. Did the code change? Is it possible to arrange a new call?

Hi Maarten,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I see that you have already completed the Visual verification now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
catherineebebi
Community Member

Hi, I have sent my selfie verification for over 3 business days, my id and location has already been verified, but the selfie is still not verified, I don't know if there's an issue.  I got my first job on the 10th and I was given until 17th to verify my identity. Today's the 17th so I'm scared my account will be on hold if it's not verified. Please I need help help with this.

Hi Catherine,

I checked and can confirm that your verification is now completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
677507ab
Community Member

I already done my visual verification but it is in process from last 8 days and we are not able to send praposal to clients 

Please help us ASAP 

ad2e6f69
Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem. Two days left for verification 

Hi Gabriela,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
677507ab
Community Member

Hii upwork team I already changed my name and profile photo but after that till now my visual verification not verified till now please help me ASAP beacous for this issue I am not able to send praposal to clients

Hi Nirman,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
677507ab
Community Member

Hii pradeep ,

Thanks for showing interest in my concern but after purchasing membership my account is on hold not able to submit praposal our work is stop due to this verification please help me that's why I worry about this situation

Hi Nirman,

As Pradeep mentioned, it is best to follow up on your support ticket if you have additional questions or concerns. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team and only they can help out with your verification issues. Please access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
fd79482c
Community Member

My selfie is taking too long to review .Help please

Hello Irina,

Thank you so much for reaching out. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for our related team to review your selfie.

Please note that they will reach out to you via email as soon as the review is complete.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

~ Mostafa
e498a908
Community Member

During my chat with the support representative regarding visual identification, I received feedback that it is not possible to verify me and I should contact support. What are my next steps?

Hi Andrey,

I can see that you were notified via a support ticket about the next steps. Kindly refer to your support ticket here, and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e7c597c0
Community Member

Hi, I want to verify myself in upwork, but I have problem with the third step - visual verification. It is pending and I am scared that I will be stuck forever. Other two steps were ready for seconds.

Hi Kaloyan,

Please allow our team enough time to verify the information you submitted. If they need to contact you for further instructions on how to complete the verification, they will reach out to you via email and a support ticket. There's no need to do anything on your end at the moment, just sit tight while our team reviews your account. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
ffbf7978
Community Member

Hello, I sent my selfie verification 4 days ago and I haven't got an answer yet. What should I do?

How can I solve this problem?

chakrabartty_0-1694791380414.png

My verivection is hide

I want to selfi verivecation

Hi Debdatta,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Zay,

I followed up with the team and can confirm that your more recent submission is still under review. You should receive a response from the team as soon as the review is completed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c910d8fb
Community Member

So my principal in a transaction is that if I pay for a service, I better be able to reach them by phone.  After a week of back and forth getting anyone to agree to call rather than use their self help (self help is for free, not paid) they finally schedule for a call at 11am.  It is now 12:13 and no call.  Of course, you can't call or email them direcly any more as their CEO misunderstood the interest generated from the pandemic and wen't all tech development on a site that didn't need it and that 4M loss has cut support for the people who generate their revenue.  Anyone from Upwork want to chime in here?  

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community, and I'm sorry if you're having difficulties completing your video verification. We certainly understand how you want this procedure to be completed immediately.

I can see you've coordinated with the appropriate team for your concern, and several support tickets have also been set up. Please continue coordinating with the team through a single active ticket on this page so they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3d2f60fb
Community Member

I can't pass visual verification on Upwork. It always displays 'center your face in the oval', even if I place my face in the center of the oval. Please help me.

Try using a outdoor light or another camera.

005cc82d
Community Member

Hi, I need help, either from a freelancer with the same problem or Upwork worker.
I need to verify with selfie, to continue working. The problem is that neither with the phone nor with the computer I can do it, I get the following message: we are having some technical problems. we are unable to use the camera on this device.
please try again using the camera of your cell phone.

Please, if someone from the technical service can help me, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi Gio,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already completed the Visual verification on your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

If you have upwork apps installed on your phone then give the phone camera
permission.
9213819d
Community Member

Visual verification 

Hi Santosh,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
3d2f60fb
Community Member

I can't pass visual verification on Upwork. It always displays 'center your face in the oval', even if I place my face in the center of the oval. Please help me.

Hi Roman,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your concern the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ffc4f030
Community Member

I have verified my ID and location verification but not the visual one, i submitted the photo but it didn't get accepted maybe because it's too blurry. So can i redo the photo step, and my english is only at the written level, probably cant hear a single word from the agents.

fb29e579
Community Member

15-10-2023-05-51-00.png

15-10-2023-05-53-08.png

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zapier,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
1d3a6529
Community Member

Hi. Can you look into my issue please. I am facing the same issue of face not detecting. I am required to do a visual verification but my face is not getting detected at all. Also, I don't have any tickets to request this issue. Kindly help me with this issue. My ID and location are verified .

Hi Areeba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can see that your visual verification has already been approved.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths