🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
44e8037d
Community Member

Good afternoon. Yesterday I've submitted my selfie for the verification, however I didn't see that selfie should be sent with the passport and paper with additional data (I've just sent the selfie without everything). Can I re-send selfie with everything needed for the support to verify my account? My internet connection is not so stable and my speaking english is not that good for the real-time call for now. 

Hi Daria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our team is actively reviewing the documents and pictures you send. Should we need you to retake a selfie with your ID, our team will contact you directly with details on how you can complete the verification. 

~ AJ
Upwork
44b54f3d
Community Member

I submitted the document and have done visual verification.

But upwork didn't pass this. and is still reuesting ID verification.

Please resolve this

Thanks

Hi Michael,

I have reached out and submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your ID review. One of our team members will be in touch with more information about the status of your submission and further assistance. You may check your email and this page for the support ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c242f216
Community Member

Upwork prompted me to verify my account. I have already submitted a photo of my ID for ID verification, and a selfie with my ID for visual verification. It says that visual verification should only take a few minutes, but it's already been more than 24 hours. Can you help me verify my account? I have a job that will start on Monday, and I want to make sure my account gets verified within 7 days so I can withdraw my funds in the future.

Hi Gerbie,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
253ee1ed
Community Member

Hello support, I'm a new member and I may have missed the visual verification step which has now expired. I need assistance with this issue.

Hello Ngo, 

You can reach out to Upwork support to explain your situation and request assistance with completing the visual verification process. You can contact them by clicking on the "Get Help" button located at the bottom of any page on the Upwork website.

thankyou let me try  

Hi Ngo,

I can see that you already submitted a ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Well, your profile picture must be a real picture of you so that's going to be a problem...

6eeb6769
Community Member

Hi,

I submitted my ID verification along with my selfie but the photo on my ID card is old as it was made when I was 18 years old. Now I am 26y/o and I have kept Beard as well. The photo on ID card donot match my selfie. 

My ID verification will get approved or not?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. Our team will let you know if additional steps are needed for you to complete the verification. For now, please wait for ou team to review your submission. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
amal-aouichaoui
Community Member

Hi!! I took a wrong selfie (I was fixing my hair and the picture was taken) during the selfie verification process and it will probably be rejected.. Can I retake the selfie in case it was rejected? and how long the re-verification of the selfie will it take? 

Hi Amal, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. If any additional info is needed our team will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4d21eba1
Community Member

Hello

I have problem achieving my identity verification, problem with the visual verification selfie with mobil camera and web camera. Both doesn 't work with me. I am in Antananarivo Madagascar. I need your help on how to resolve it.

Thank you in advance

Hi Patrice,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
eba2a786
Community Member

I submitted my selfie for review two weeks ago. I have payment from a completed project being held up because of this. 

8c233e0b
Community Member

To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your ID verification video call with Upwork. Initiate this call by chatting with an agent.   

What should I do if I cannot speak in English. But I know English only at the written level. Please help.

Hi Oybek,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. You can still initiate a video call with our team and share your concern directly with them. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9b9a88bb
Community Member

This is not right, Upwork has everything they need from me yet they restricted my account. Why is going on?

Hi Tammy,

I can see that the team handling your case has reached out with more information about the status of your account and further instructions on how to clear the issue. Feel free to check your email or this page for the support ticket linked to your case, and don't hesitate to coordinate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a37b08c2
Community Member

a37b08c2_0-1688755112431.png

Hello, I have sent a visual verification and it has passed 1 business day already. I'm scared that my account will be on hold as I already had a contract and I should be starting on July 17. I'm afraid that they might hold my account and could not start on my start date. Is there any possible way they could verify my visual verification as they already verified my ID??

Hi Althea,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I looked closer at your account and confirmed that your ID had been verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on the account. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
8143cea1
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I am facing the same issue and I'll appreciate a response from Upwork. I sent a report earlier explaining everything in detail but I never received the confirmation email. I am unable to bid for jobs because of this and it's really affecting me. 

50e0e0e2
Community Member

My first ‘digital nomad job’ was a freelancer writer. I applied for jobs on Upwork writing articles, books, product descriptions — just about anything you can imagine. And after several years of pitching clients and landing jobs, I perfected my cover letters. It sounds a little cocky, I know, to say I ‘perfected’ them but for the last two years that I worked through Upwork, every pitch I sent out resulted in me being hired.
So as my talent seems to lie in writing Upwork cover letters, I thought I’d write a post about it, for anyone else who wants to go freelance so that they travel while working. Plus, I no longer use Upwork, so I don’t mind sharing my secrets.

Dawit Lemma
red_alive
Community Member

Hi , i have been asked to verify my account and i verified myself with the CNIC and was taken to the next step where visual identification is required but every time i try the selfie ,a technical error shows up on the page . I am lost at how to verify myself visually.  Would appreciate some help. Thanks

Hi Red,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already completed a Visual Verification on your account and your account is already verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
varunpadh
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

hope you are doing well.I have just started Freelancinng on Upwork and submitted my ID and Selfie verification.The phone automatically detected my face and took a photo I was actually not ready.But it has been more than 4 days my selfie hasnt been verified and I have submitted my Addhar card(in other as well as GOV ID) and It has been unable to process It as well.

please look into it and have a good day

Hi Varun,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Apologies for the delay in processing your verification request. I understand how important it is to have your account verified in order to start freelancing on Upwork. We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests and are working hard to process them as quickly as possible. 

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I was informed that you will need to update your profile picture before they review your document submission. Your profile photo must be real and clearly show your face. Feel free to message us after you have updated the profile picture so that I can expedite the review process for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8915086d
Community Member

Hi i want to do visual verification but getting a page of 404 while click on visual verification through support anyone help me i am also attaching the issue screenshot 

Hi Wasiq,

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. I suggest you try the following steps to resolve the issue: 1. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. 2. Try using a different browser. 3. Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser. If the issue persists, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
salinanimodh
Community Member

I've got a notification to verify yesterday and all other options are verified but visual verification is still pending. I can't  get my money because of it. Is there anything can be done. 

Hi Salina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
1fba9834
Community Member

Hi, everybody.

Upwork verification has 3 steps. The third step is Visual Verification. Below message is copied from upwork verification page.

"We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day."

It's almost 2 business days passed. But it is still reviewing state.

There is no another option to do Visual verification again. Why is it longer than 1 business day in when Upwork mention?

Should I still wait?

Or should I contact upwork support team?

If anyone can give me answer, it will be helpful.

Regards,

Zhang.

Hi, Zhang. 

I can not answer your question. My freelancer account was born one week ago, I am still not verified state.

Can you tell me how to verify account? You alre already ahead of me.

Thanks,

Nemanja.

In my case, I received Verification Request when I was hired for the first job proposal 2 days ago.

Maybe you must buy connects and bid on the upwork jobs seriouly. At then you will get the chance.

There is no button to do it manually.

Hello, Nemanja.

To verify your identification, please click your avatar at the top right corner of your screen.

And there you can see settings, please click.

Then it will show a security question window, but ignore it at the first time.

There you can see Identity Verification tag.

Click it and it will show Identity Verification page.

Now you can verify your identification by pressing Get Started button.

Hi, Dmytro.

Thanks for your sharing knowledge. Unfortunately, I could not find any Verification tag after passed the security question page. It means I could not find any Verification tag or word in my account Setting page.

Should I find the Verification tag just in the security quetion page?

Or would you like to share a screenshot for me to find the tag easily?

Thanks,

Nemanja.

Hello, Zhang.

Sometimes upwork takes more than 2 days to verify your visual identification.

If you are a real account(nowadays a lot of scammers here), then there is no need to worry about that.

You will be verified soon.

And if it doesn't work then you can contact Upwork Support Services.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths