🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532

Hi Hardik,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
f56baecb
Community Member

Yes but customer support close the tickets and say submit you id card in you verification link.

but the problem is i send the document but after some time later he again ask to submit this is the problem

why it's happening ??

maudlam
Community Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

First, I am very disappointed that there's no way or access to file a support ticket on Upwork.

Second, how come it took months but still didn't pass my profile visual verification? See here:
Capture.JPG

Hi Priscilla,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your visual verification. I see that your visual verification has already been reviewed and approved.

- Pradeep

Upwork
89ee181d
Community Member

So I've been verified already for a few weeks and then earlier this week I was asked to verify my ID again. 

My account has since been stuck in verification for a week. 

Can someone help? I'm unable to put proposals out. 

Dear Ashanti,

I think you have to contact Upwork by email way.

I've been very stuck with my own ID verification. Can you give me some tips on what to do in order to get my ID verified?

Should I contact the Upwork team, or just try to show more activity towards future clients?

Best regards:

Ingrid

Hi Ingrid,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

I got an email that Upwork requesting the national ID in English while my country issues all national IDs in Arabic only and my passport is expired. I have uploaded my national ID & the utility bill required but I got an email that your request is denied. I got paid on the 27 of Oct and didn't receive the transferred amount to my local bank and surprised that all my payment methods changed to inactive with the reason the name in my bank account was different from than upwork account although both upwork name and bank account name are the same. I have uploaded all the required documents mentioned in an email received from Upwork on a ticket created 2 days ago but I got nothing till now. I can't reach anyone from customer care just a chatbot that not helpful at all. How can I reactivate the payment methods again? 

Hi Mohamed,

I've contacted the team reviewing your submitted documents and submitted a follow-up. One of the members will reach out via email with more information and further assistance momentarily. Please don't hesitate to coordinate, and they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

I still have the same problem. I didn're receive my payments till now that I transferred sinc 27 of OCT and all my payments methods are deactivated while I provided the required documents.

Hi Ashanti,

I've reached out to the team handling the review and submitted a follow-up on the status of your ID Verification. Kindly allow our team time to review further, and you will get an update momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

**Edited to Update Information**

I just received an update from the review team and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID Verified Badge on your profile. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c19910b4
Community Member

Hi Upwork community, I hope you are all doing well,

I am facing problem in the final stage of identity verification i.e. visual verification in my account,

(smile to take a selfie) Why am I not being taken to the next step after getting this status?

Tried with both my desktop webcam and phone devices. I don't have a microphone setup on my desktop so I can't talk to the agent, I have taken a screenshot while showing this status (smile to take a selfie).And the screenshot is saved to me. I hope the Upwork community will help me...

Hi Nilufa,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c19910b4
Community Member

Yes I saw it, thank you so much

e0436e62
Community Member

My camera on my laptop is not working, but I my id documents and location were verified. This is what is shows, I need help I just got a client please. 2.png

Hi Erdem,

I've contacted the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You should now be seeing the ID-verified badge on your profile. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
701401a0
Community Member

Hi, I've also posted a query regarding this.

My ID has been verified but my Visual Verification has been pending for days...

Please help me out with this, thanks!

Hi Shaurya,

I see that our team is already in the process of reviewing your submission and your account should be updated in the next 24 hours.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e46d7ff1
Community Member

Hello, 
I hope you all are fine. My visual verification get stuck 2 days ago. I have completed:

1. ID document verification

Successfully verified on 2023-11-11

2. Location verification

Successfully verified on 2023-11-11

3. Visual verification
We are reviewing your selfie whic typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.
Is there a way to retry or something else to undo this maybe and try again?

Hi Luka,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community!

~ Arjay
Upwork
701401a0
Community Member

Hi, I've also posted a query regarding this.

My ID has been verified but my Visual Verification has been pending for days...

Please help me out with this, thanks!

59bda79a
Community Member

A few days ago i did visual verification an id upload but notging happens yet. It seems like a bug, daily i upload id again but tge visual verificarion is freezed and I can't submit jobs proposal. Pls help

Hi Juan Manuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To resolve this, please try the following steps:
1. Make sure that you have granted permission for Upwork to access your device's camera.
2. Close any other applications that may be using the camera.
3. Restart your device and try again.

To complete digital photo verification, we will ask you to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device.

1. Log on to Upwork
  2. Visit the Identity Verification section in your Upwork Settings
  3. Choose the selfie method, then select Mobile Camera or Web Camera
  4. Center your face in the oval on the screen
  5. Smile to take a selfie
  6. Get verified!

If these steps do not work, please provide more details about the specific error message or issue you are encountering so that we can assist you further.

You may also find these articles helpful:
Visual Verification
Troubleshoot Browser Settings for Visual Verification

~ AJ
Upwork
5756bad2
Community Member

Identity Verification 

Top of the morning to all Channel Moderators... 

As many of us have stated, I'm having problems with the verification of my ID and the Selfie, I've been waiting for an answer for almost a week and my ID needs to be verified by 11/16 otherwise I'm going to have issues with my payment. 

Can you please take prompt actions on this? It is not my fault that the system was not able to verify my ID with plenty of time to spare, and my payment shouldn't be withheld over an error on your end. 

Thank you very much for your time. 

PD: Also, why isn't there a customer support email address for these types of questions that need a quick resolution? The bot feature is AWFUL, I've used it a few times and it hasn't helped me a bit, I read all the queries from fellow freelancers and they all complain about the chat BOT being inefficient, please consider improving it drastically or removing it for once.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To resolve this, please try the following steps:
1. Make sure that you have granted permission for Upwork to access your device's camera.

To complete digital photo verification, we will ask you to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device.

1. Log on to Upwork
  6. Get verified!

If these steps do not work, please provide more details about the specific error message or issue you are encountering so that we can assist you further.

Visual Verification

~ AJ
Upwork

GREAT - if these methods would actually WORK!

1a511ca6
Community Member

Visual Verification giving error.

Kindly Assist.

Hi Sharma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1a511ca6
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

It's sad for me to say that when i direly need the verification to be completed i being stuck.
I have tried doing it again and again.

Every time i am told it's profile pic.
Can the team kindly let me go through the procedure or help me out with what exactly is the problem ????

It would be a great assist.
Clients are getting hyper too about this on me.

Warm Regards,
Ak**bleep** Sharma

Hi Sharma,

I can see that the team reached out to you via this support ticket regarding your most recent submission. Kindly refer to the ticket and follow the instructions provided by the team before you resubmit.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2297e2bc
Community Member

Webcamera squaks about "Technical error"!
Selfie won't take image on cell phone !

Now what? I have a pic with my face holding my  same ID - Will THAT work? It does with Fivverrr

Hi David,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3c65f52b
Community Member

I have been trying to pass the video verification on Upwork for over seven or eight times, but it still hasn't worked. The deadline is in three days and I really need help.

I'm sure that the ID and the video are of the same person.

701401a0
Community Member

Hi!

I have tried completing my identity verification thrice, and it successfully completes my ID document verification.

But it doesn't complete the Visual verification.

It just shows "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day." but it has been a long time (a week perhaps).

Please help me out with this!

cd88b370
Community Member

Hi 

I have uploaded my NIN, but for the past one and I haven't gotten any response or reply 

Hi Arohunmolase,

It looks like you haven't completed the visual verification yet. To resolve this, please try the following steps:

1. Log on to Upwork
  6. Get verified!

Visual Verification

~ AJ
Upwork
9b2fbbb4
Community Member

I did the selfie verification some days ago, but still pending now.

Any issue with my verification? I am not able to apply jobs now

We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.

Hi Shirley,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your Visual verification. I have followed up with the team handling your case and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
sheeraz_sangi
Community Member

Subject: Urgent: Continued Issues with Visual Verification Link for Step 3 - Sheeraz Hussain

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I trust this message finds you well. I am reaching out once again to bring to your attention the persistent issue I am facing with the visual verification link for Step 3.

Regrettably, despite my best efforts, I am still encountering the same error when attempting to access the provided link. This has proven to be a roadblock in completing the verification process, and I am eager to resolve this matter promptly.

As Sheeraz Hussain, I am committed to ensuring the security and integrity of my Upwork account. Therefore, I kindly request your urgent assistance in addressing this technical glitch. If there are alternative steps or any additional information needed from my end, please guide me accordingly.

I understand the importance of the verification process and appreciate your team's efforts in maintaining a secure platform. Your prompt attention to this matter will greatly assist me in utilizing Upwork's services seamlessly.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Best regards,

Sheeraz Hussain

User ID
sheeraz_sangi

Hi Sheeraz,

If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

Please also try clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths