🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532
diorellamanzano
Community Member

Hi,

What happens if visual verification is not completed by Upwork by the time I needed my verification completed? I already sent a photo of my government issued ID and that part was approved.

Hi Diorella,

If you are not able to verify your account on the deadline specified, your account will be placed on hold. The hold will not affect any active contracts you have. You can still work, but you will need to complete the verification process before getting paid or applying to new work. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a28a95a2
Community Member

For identity verification, I randomly uploaded a profile picture, I did not pay attention, and then face verification failed, the account was locked, how should I modify the profile picture

Hi Bing,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
ginny-williams
Community Member

Visual selfie verification is not working. It is not recognizing my face. Please help. I have tried everything.

Hi Ginny,

I checked and it looks like you already have an open ticket regrading your concern with completing the verification process. Please check your ticket by going here and kindly follow the instruction shared on the ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jasonv4567
Community Member

my webcam is doing fine but it's not working on your website when I do the visual verification. need help!

Hi Jason,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents assist you already via chat. Please feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have on the ticket and the agent will be glad to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f49e0afc
Community Member

I've completed the ID document verification but I am unable to complete the visual verification from my phone due to this error:

We are having some technical problems.
We are unable to use the camera on this device.

Please try again using your mobile camera.

I have tried using different app browsers and a different phone but the same error keeps appearing. Unable to use my computer because it doesn't have a camera. And I also tried to find a way to contact support about this but I was unable to find a way.

Hi Micah,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
70e685d3
Community Member

I've been trying to finish my visual verification and it just doesn't work.
I've cleaned my cache, tried both methods to take the selfie, and in mobile it never loads, while on pc tells me there are some technical prombles or the "no face detected", no matter how i much i get closer to the camera or get away from it. Please help.

Hi Natalia,
It took me a good while to get mine to work as well. In the end I succeeded with the camera at eye level, in a room flooded by natural light, & with a completely blank wall behind me & just kept re-positioning myself.
Like you unfortunately I found it very picky about what it would accept as "a face"

I'll try for a couple of hours, but so far nothing changed. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Natalia, 

I apologize for the delay, as our team had to look into this further. Please know that you should now be able to proceed with your video verification. Please let us know if you need further help with anything, and our team will be glad to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yassok
Community Member

Hello everyone. Not 100% sure that's the right place for this but I found nowhere better to post this. So I am trying to complete my Identity verification. I have sent a copy of my ID as a first step. However for the visual verification, I am trying to use my phone, I scanned the QR code opened the link but the camera never started. I did Accept the camera permissions but It just doesn't seem to work. I have attached a screenshot about the issue. and yeah, I totally would not want my account deactivated so any help can really be a huge help.

Hi Yasser,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification process. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d768d173
Community Member

Hi,

I received the invitation to verify my account from upwork. Although, I have successfully completed the ID verification. I could not complete the visual verification.

The error is, they ask to text the link to the visual verification to my phone number. 

But on receiving the link (as text message), it leads to page does not exist, and I have just 3 days left to complete the verification.

What is the solution for this

Hi Samson, 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble completing the verification process. I can see that you're already in communication with the relevant team and they will assist you further. Kindly refer to this support ticket for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jack-yakuvv
Community Member

Hi there, so recently I have succesfully verfied my Govt Id but when it comes to Visual verification, it keeps redirecting me to upwork support. Could someone please assist? Thanks

Hi Yakuvv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
609e48a0
Community Member

Hi, I am worried because I do not want my account to be cancelled, I have already sent my documents and my selfi and it says that they are still in "verification".
As an additional information in my identity document, I had a mistake with one of the sides of the document. I ended up sending a personal photo; so, most likely, I will probably have to pay for it.

please... help!

Hi Breyner,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ba5c5c9a
Community Member

Hello,

Please, help me out. I've been trying to complete my visual verification but everytime I center my face in the oval, it holds for a while then shows 'timed out'. I've tried this severally all to no avail.

Can someone help me out?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ruth,

Could you please try going to Settings > Identity Verification and click on Continue? You should be able to see a Speak to an Agent option there, to complete your visual verification.

~Andrea
Upwork
8628cad6
Community Member

Hello there,
I've already complete the ID document verification but I'm having issues with the Visual verification, every time I try to do it become like this image.

8628cad6_0-1655017655800.png

I've been trying again like many times, but I keep getting the same issue. I've also changed the browser

Hi Hao,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try going to Settings > Identity Verification and click on Continue? You should be able to see a Speak to an Agent option there, to complete your visual verification.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your reply.
 I tried to click the Speak to an Agent option but the screen become this image i sent.
loading loading....

8628cad6_0-1655024966247.png

I also opened other browser and checked internet, but not done.
please help me

Hi Hao,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
6690bc9b
Community Member

Hello. My English is very poor so I think I cannot answer questions properly. Can I get help from my brother to translate it into my language? Will it be a violation?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nika,

It is not possible to have anyone else in the interview with you. Rest assured, our team will be happy to accommodate you as much as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
bd2409f4
Community Member

Hello, I was trying to take a selfie with my ID for verification and your system took the photo before I finished. I’m afraid of the verification getting denied because the photo was taken before I was ready. Therefore I need a way to redo the selfie ID verification. I am trying to avoid my account being locked or on hold. Thank you.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you.

070ffb5c
Community Member

I do not understand what is wrong. I submitted my visual identification 4 days ago but nothing happened since. I also can not change my profile picture. What should I do?

Hi Antara,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked and it looks like you've already completed the verification process. If you're still getting a notification on your end saying that it's pending, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies or checking from a different browser. Don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d30568e9
Community Member

I received a message that I need to pass verification.
1 - I uploaded a passport photo. (OK)
2 - it was necessary to pass Visual verification, and here there were problems.
I don't have a webcam and I tried it with a tablet.
received an SMS with a link, followed the link, but the camera did not turn on and an error message appeared.
I tried again to receive SMS and again the camera did not turn on and an error appeared.

I read help:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001041367-Visual-Verification
and see:

Screenshot_1.png

But on the settings page https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ i see:

Screenshot_2.png

If I need to communicate with an agent, but I do not speak English. Only Russian.

Hi Alexander,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the verification process. I've notified the team regarding your concern and a Customer Support team member will be reaching out to you soon via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2095bb70
Community Member

Hello,

I submitted my upwork ID and Selfie four days ago and until now, my identity hasn't been verified. My account will be placed on hold tomorrow. Please I need your help.

Hi Nsah,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ef26f951
Community Member

Greetings!

I tried to do my identity verification today. After submitting the government-issued ID as requested, I proceeded to do the visual verification.

The network was very bad so the text message link never arrived. I wanted back and saw a message saying I could continue later by clicking on the link displayed on my profile.

THE PROBLEM NOW IS THAT I CAN'T FIND ANY LINK TO CLICK.

Kindly assist me ASAP. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths