🐈
» Forums » Support » Visual verification
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

532 REPLIES 532

Greetings. Kindly assist. I was requested to do identity verification on my profile. The network was very bad, After submitting my government-issued ID, I proceeded to do the visual verification. 

I opted for a mobile phone and a link was sent to my phone but I never got it. I tried again severally but it didn't come.  I then went back, hoping to complete the process later. 

Now the network is restored, I can't find the link to do the visual verification. I can't open a ticket with support. Kindly help me ASAP. I have a contract I really do not want to end. PLEASE. THANKS. 

PLEASE NOTE THAT TOMORROW IS THE DEADLINE FOR IDENTITY VERIFICATION.

Hi Joseph,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and you can definitely communicate with the team if you have questions or clarifications.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hardynafla
Community Member

Hi, Upwork asked me to verify ID and when I try to do Visual verification using a webcam it shows 'face not detected' and when using the phone and trying to go to the link it shows '404 page not found. so I tried several times and now it does not allow me to add visual verification. what should I do now? 

Visual verification . what should I want to do?

Hi Nafia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try speaking with an agent? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
03eb1e37
Community Member

When I tried to submit my first proposal I got this error message:   "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time."  I've spent 45 minutes trying to find the place to enter my US drivers license.  I cannot.

Can someone help me?

Hi Barbara,

I checked, and it looks like your ID verification has been completed as confirmed by our team on your ticket here. I saw that you have a follow-up question on the same ticket. Please allow time for our team to check and update you directly to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_morarenko
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to complete the step 3 of verification, where I have to take a selfie.

I tried to send SMS with link several times, each link leads to the Page that does not exist.

I tried scanning QR code from smartphone, it prompted me to login and then to “position my face on the next screen and smile”, but on that next screen it said that there is a technical issue.

I tried PC with external web cam and a laptop with integrated webcam - both lead to a message that Upwork has problems with it (please see attached screenshot).

I also sent a message to Support and got a reply that it will be processed within 24-48 hours a few days ago, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Can I simply send you my selfie with my passport next to my face? As it seems there is no other way I can complete this third step.

This is frustrating. Please help me, as I don't want my account to be suspended especially now when I'm only starting on Upwork. The verification is supposed to be completed until Sep 5.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Anatoly

Hi Anatoly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
bfae9b6d
Community Member

I am unable to work because I am being prompted to verify my ID, and every time I try it says "Upload error. Only images can be selected". I am using the right image guidelines, I have deleted my cache and tried multiple different browsers. I have tried and waited, this problem has been going on for a week now, I am unable to work, even though I already verified my ID a few days ago, I am still being asked to do it again, and it isn't letting me upload the image.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jay,

I checked and it looks like you already have your ID Verification badge on your profile! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
bfae9b6d
Community Member

My issue has nothing to do with a verification badge. I have already verified my identity, and everytime I try to submit a proposal I am asked to verify my ID. I try to verify but it doesn't let me upload an image of my license.. Please read my text this time.

Hi Jay,

I'll have one of the team members reach out with further assistance on how we can resolve the issue. Kindly expect an update here with a support ticket once your account has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
df1c42b4
Community Member

I am trying to do the visual verification after submitting my Government approved voter's card. I chose selfie option and a link was sent to my phone number, on clicking the link I was told the page was unavailable. Now I have tried going back to the verification page on Upwork to continue my verification but I can't find the links to do visual verification.

Hi Bennett,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your verification process and you should now see a button on your end to submit a selfie. Could you please try to submit a selfie from your end and let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6bddb316
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hi Qasim,

I have escalated your case to the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Please expect an update here with instructions on how to complete your ID Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b50407c9
Community Member

Dear support team

I tried to request an Identity Verification badge from a Desktop computer and use my phone to capture the QR scan but I didn't receive any SMS from UpWork. After a while, I closed the page, and the verification request was sent without visual verification.

Please help me.

Thanks 

Mo Ali

b50407c9_0-1666083293366.png

Dear community manager,

Now the first and second steps are verified but the third step is remaining. How can I take a selfie? I don't see any action button to take a selfie.

Please help to finish the last one.

Thank  you.

b50407c9_0-1666094488311.png

Hi Mohamud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you should have the option to take a selfie once you click on the green "Continue" button. Could you please try to click on the Continue button and let us know if you have the option to take a selfie? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Mohamud,

Thank you for reaching out. If you're having trouble with the selfie, could you please try speaking with an agent instead? You can go to Settings > Identity Verification, click on Continue, and you'll see the Speak with an agent button like this.

~ AJ
Upwork
c6d7b835
Community Member

Hey Upwork Community,

I have a problem with my account, I have done with Identity verification ( ID, localisation, Visual ), but it seems like visual doesn't work and stuck in reviewing, but it's more than 7 days and doesn't approve
Now, Upwork has blocked for me to submit proposal for new work

I need to resolve that ASAP

Hi Ilyas,

I checked your account and it doesn't seem that you need to complete any verification at the moment, nor there is any restriction on your account. If you're having trouble submitting proposals on your end, could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Don't hesitate to let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c6d7b835
Community Member

Hey Luiggi,

Thank you for replying, and apologize for didn't mention the right account,

I'm talking for another account : User ID: 24337d17, I'll be very glad if you can fix that please

PS: I can't open a new topic with the other account and I was stuck

Help me please, I need to get back to work

Thank you

Hey Upwork Community,  Upwork ID : 24337d17

Recently, I have received the mail to complete the verification ( 3 steps ), I did it, but the last one = visual verification is stuck on reviewing and isn't accepted from the last  week.

Now, Upwork has blocked for me to submit proposal to a new work, I need to fix that, Please can anyone help me

Thank you

PS: the problem is on this account ID: 24337d17

hussain142
Community Member

Hey there fellow Upworkers, as a newbie recently I was asked for verification. I uploaded my govt Id which got verified in under 1 minute, But the selfie verification is taking too long as it says 1 business day but its been 3 days nows. My govt Id was issued in 2014 and valid up tilll 2024. Can Anyone help me to sort this out will be much grateful. 

Hi Hussain,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0f5b25d8
Community Member

Hello! I uploaded my selfie for verification and have been waiting for the result for a week now. I think there's been some kind of mistake.

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your verification process and you should now see the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ded192c6
Community Member

Hi there, I recently was notified I needed to get verified - ID and location verification were no problem.

But I've been stuck for a few days on the visual verification step. It says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day. " - But it's been I believe 3 days now?

I'm concerned because it says that if I'm not verified by tomorrow, I won't be able to continue to accepting jobs on Upwork.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

I apologize for the delay. Our team had to look into this further. Please know that the team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets here. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e17b8efc
Community Member

I want to speak to a support for visual verification

Hi Ahmad Abdullah,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, visual verification taking too much time, I can't contact with anyone, and I lost much connection, coz thinking people just don't respond on my candidate. Thank you🙏

Hi Taras,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your visual verification has been approved now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c87d5b7d
Community Member

Recenty, Upwork asked me to verify my ID and visual Identification. I did both of them but it is taking me almost 5 days now and it's still saying we are reviewing your ID and Visual. What should I do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thu, 

Someone will reach out to you to assist you directly regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cfc54aba
Community Member

Hi, I already had visual verification last 2/12/2022 but it is already 3 days it is still not verified. What should I do?

It's been fixed now, thanks

Hi Rong,

Thank you for your message. Happy to hear that your issue is already resolved.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths