🐈
» Forums » Support » Why my project is not being approved.
Page options
hemayet_mondol
Community Member

Why my project is not being approved.

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. I would have benefited if you had pointed out my mistakes. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad and Hemayet, 

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

418 REPLIES 418

Hi Shovo,

Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting. 

~Andrea
Upwork
mesra-amin
Community Member

My project catalogue has been declined 3-4 times due to images. I have changed the images but it's still not accepting. Can someone help me?

Hi Mesra,

I checked and it looks like our team has already sent you a notification regarding the status of your project. Please check the notification they sent, and kindly also review the changes they mentioned in the email sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account. They have also provided tips on what you can do to update the project before resubmitting it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, I got the mail. It said that I had to change the picture on my project, which I did multiple times. But it still gets rejected. That's why I am asking for help.

Hello Mesra,

You can try uploading an image that supports your project descriptions to make them look more professional and represent the type of work or service being offered. It's best to use images with minimal text.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
rachelles
Community Member

My project needs changes, however the link sent in the notification has a spelling mistake in it apparently, and it doesn't lead anywhere. How do I see the feedback on my project gig? There doesn't appear to be any way to contact a support agent.

Hi Rachelle,

Could you please confirm which link you're referring to? I checked and it looks like our team shared some advice specific to your project via email. For more project approval guidelines and tips, please click here. To edit and resubmit your project you can go to your Project Dashboard here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, the link was under the notifications section; the message was, 'We're sorry, your project "You will get a Unique 500-Word SEO-Optimized Article" was not approved yet. Please review your feedback and submit again. Edit project'.

The 'Edit project' link takes me to a web page that says 'This site cannot be reached...' Please see the screenshot attached to my original post, or click on the above link. I have not received anything via email. 

I know about the Project Dashboard, and I did go there to edit the project description, however my question is, how do I see what I'm supposed to be editing? My assumption is that somewhere there will be information on why the project was not approved, and that this feedback will be detailed so I understand why and can fix the issue, is this correct?

And if it is correct, where can I find the feedback as the link in my notifications is not working. I'm very new to Upwork, so I'm not familiar with the process at all.

Hi Rachelle,

The feedback is included in the email the team sent to you. Thanks for flagging the broken link. That said, it should be leading you to the page where you can edit your project which you can access from your Project Dashboard > Under Review > Three Dots button > Edit.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 

Again, I did not receive any email. Is there any way to get your team to re-send the email b/c there is no email in my inbox from Upwork in regard to this issue.

Hi Rachelle,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks so much Joanne, I really appreciate that. 

tasin_02
Community Member

Hello,

Recently I want to publish my 1st project, But there showing "under review" every time. I can't even find out where is the problem. Please help me out! 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please help me out where to change

Hi S N Mubashir,

Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rez2002
Community Member

Hello there,

I am the begineer of this work.I am suffering a lot of problems.I arranged so many projects related to medical,biotechnology but still why it is not getting approved.The cover photos were clear too and also it was totally matched with all topics I used.

I made a sample work where  it can  be seen that I dont give any wrong info.

thank you

petra_r
Community Member

Raihana Rezvi S wrote:

I made a sample work where  it can  be seen that I dont give any wrong info.

That font is utterly unreadable

Hi Raihana,

You can find suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting in the email that our team has sent you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shantonxt786
Community Member

hello, customer support,
I am highly disappointed with these problems. I am a new freelancer at Upwork. I am a full-time freelancer. recently i want to publish my 2 projects in the digital marketing category. but unfortunately, my project was not approved yet.
please tell me the project default

thank you

Hi Rasel,

Did you receive an email from the team letting you know what needs to be changed? If so, be sure to review that and then resubmit your project. The team will review it once more and get back to you in up to five business days.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fchy96
Community Member

Hello, I am a professional content writer and I want to work on UpWork as a content writer but my project isn’t being approved. Could you please let me know what should I do now?

Hi Fahmida,

It looks like you have just submitted your project for review.  Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fchy96
Community Member

Hello,
Thank you for your response to my email. I am sorry for bothering you. I
was worried about the project approval. I want to work on UpWork so I am
eagerly waiting for you to approve my project. Please accept it as soon as
possible.

Kind regards,
Fahmida.
ulyana_ripp
Community Member

For 3 days now, projects in my profile have not been approved, can you please speed up this process. since this task was given to me at the university and today is the deadline, otherwise I will get a bad mark.

Hi Uliana,

Thanks for reaching out. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
opeyemiali
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new in Upwork. I've being trying to create project catalog, but my application was rejected by Upwork because I didn't write according to Upwork guidelines.
Kindly help me with samples on how to write according to Upwork format.

Thank you so much.

Hi Patience,

I'm sorry to hear about your project being rejected. You can find suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting in the email that our team has sent you.

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
82f26406
Community Member

Will new catalogue show when I a client search to buy project?

Hi Mohammed,

If you create a project it will be visible in Upwork Project Catalog, a new marketplace for clients. Your project(s) can also be viewed on your profile. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
arnabroy30
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am surprised to see that my project dashboard has been declined back to back without any reason. I could not figure out what went wrong.  However, I have resubmitted it again. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Arnab

Arnab R wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am surprised to see that my project dashboard has been declined back to back without any reason. I could not figure out what went wrong.  However, I have resubmitted it again. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Arnab

Doublecheck the size of your image.

I did. It meets the criteria. 

Hi Arnab,

Since you recently resubmitted your project, please allow up to five business days for the team to review the new submission. The team would back to you and let you know if something needs to be changed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rikhon333
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,
I am a new freelancer in Upwork. As a freelancer, Every time I send my project for review it is rejected. Every time I check my mail and solve it according to your instructions and send it again for review. But every time It was rejected for new reasons. Please provide me suggestions on what can I do?

Thank you.

Hi Md. Rasel,

I'm sorry to hear about your project being rejected. You can find suggestions on how to improve your project before resubmitting in the email that our team has sent you. I would also suggest you check out this help article for some Pro Tips.

~Andrea
Upwork
c2d2e1a5
Community Member

I submitted a project and received an email that stated:

"Your project requires revisions before it can be approved because the image included does not adhere to our project guidelines. Specifically:
• The cover image doesn't speak of the work being offered
When picking a cover photo, please make sure the subject matter of the photo you select is relevant to the project you’re trying to offer."

I used Canva to make this image, and it is currently the cover for my Fiverr gig. I am a freelance copy editor, and the image is a decent picture of me that says "Detailed, Intelligent Editing by M.C. Miller -- Let's bring your story to life!"

I don't understand why this picture was rejected. The email Upwork sent me was not helpful, and all the forums I visited listed problems that do not apply to this image. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Michaeli,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The "support" provided was about as helpful as the email. If an actual
person could look at the image and tell me what I need to change instead of
giving me a canned response that makes it obvious no one has actually
looked at it, that would be great.

Hi Michaeli,

I'm sorry to hear that. I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket and share your concerns with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible. When everything is in one place, we can be more efficient in assisting you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
c2d2e1a5
Community Member

My project has been approved now, which makes me think someone looked at the picture. Thank you for clearing this up!

Thanks for your support and reply micheali.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths