🐈
» Forums » Support » Wire Transfer has not arrived in Bank Account
Page options
d96ba47d
Community Member

Wire Transfer has not arrived in Bank Account

Hi! Please help!

I have wired transferred my earnings on last March 31 but it has not reaced my account, called my bank and said no transactions are pending and my account has no restrictions so it's free to receive transfers.

I have received the payment withdrawn email but not the payment processing one, can someone guide me please? It is my first time in upwork and withdrawing.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hannah,

Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money at arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

530 REPLIES 530

Hello, it's been 15 days since I transferred money to my bank . Until now it is not available in the bank account. Can you please give me information what is next step to resolve this situation?

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

My wireless transfer failed, I want to know when my money will be back to Upwork balance?

Hi Narek, 

Thanks for reaching out. It looks like our support team is already assisting you with your withdrawal and will continue providing updates via your support ticket. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

I haven't recievd my payment since I made a withdrawal four days ago with an ACH account

Olubunmi,

Sometimes it takes time. You may wait for it upto 7 days from the time when you made withdrawal. After 7 days, if it is not solved, you may talk to support. 

Hi Olubunmi,

I would be happy to help. I checked and can confirm that your withdrawal was successful on our end. Please keep in mind that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account

If you don’t receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I'm experiencing the same problem.

It's been 8 full business days since my withdrawal (plus the first whole business day which is necessary for the process to take place, so it's actually been 9 days) and still haven't recevied funds in my bank account.

I would really need this problem to be solved ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi Jose,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I think it's been solved now.

Thanks for getting back at me.

I send money to my bank account on 1 april and after 13 days (8 business days) the payments still have not come. I see in the help that upwork can make a trace of the payment, but I can't find anywhere the ways how to contact upwork. "get support" bot just sends you by circle and does not allow to get additional support

how to resolve this question?

rishiom
Community Member

Hello Pavel,

If you've not yet received the payment please go through 'I have not received my withdrawl' section of this article- https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063828-Troubleshoot-Payment-Withdrawal
You can also contact support by asking for additional support to the chat bot, and it'll forward your query to the support team.

Hope this helps,

Thanks.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

requested payment at 2 am WAT and I got an email confirming my request. Up until now, I haven’t received an email showing wether the payment has been processed or not. A payment processing email has never taken this long to arrive. Now, I do not know wether to hang on or just complain.

Hi Godwin,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know, Wire transfers are processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. You can learn all about Wire Transfer Fees and Timing here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, 

I recently withdrew my earnings (20th of April) before the cutoff time by wire transfer. I only received a confirmation that withdrawal was requested. However, it's been a week and I received no other communication and the money has not hit my account. I live in the UAE. Can I please get confirmation that payment was successfully processed by upwork? 
Thank you

Hi Solara,

I would be happy to help. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds.

Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

You can find more information about Wire Transfer fees and timing in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I withdraw money by wire transfer. But the money was not deposited in my bank account (USD)Reference ID: 470855930
When I spoke to the bank they said "transaction cancelled, your money refunded". Currently the money is neither in my bank account nor upwork.
Can you help me ?

Note: I had easily withdrawn the money with "direct to local bank" before, it was deposited into the account on the same day.
Now I can't record with wire transfer.

Additional question: What is the cause of this problem?

Hi Musab,

I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds.

Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. You can find more information about Wire Transfer fees and timing in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
eb419bcc
Community Member

10 working days have passed and the money has not been credited to my account, can you initiate a trace for me?

Reference ID: 470855930

Hi Musab Kasim,

We truly appreciate the follow-up and I'm sorry to hear that the amount has not been credited to your account. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Upwork! I withdrawed payment to my bank account Friday last week, but still I didn't get my money, Please help me with this problem! What are the solutions for this?

Hi Dinora,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.  

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

The transfer was not received!

I got acquainted with the fact that if the transfer does not arrive within 8 working days, then I can contact you for help.

I made the transfer on April 29th. (Receipt #: 473077110). If I understand correctly, today is the ninth day.

Is there any way to find out about his condition?

Sincerely,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I would be happy to help. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello! Looks like have a problem with payment withdrawal from May 4th, 2022 as it still hasn't arrived to the bank, is it possible to trace it or get returned to account?

Hi Evgeny,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the refund was successfully processed on our end. Generally, it can take several days for the money to arrive at your bank. Since it's been more than 8 business days since the refund was processed, I shared your report with our team so one of our agents can reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

could you please share the SWIFT receipt for the payment 476527042 as now is the EOB of the 7th business day after the payment was made through upwork, but I don't see it in my local bank account and they ask for this receipt to find it. 

Hi Andrey,

I would be happy to help. I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Please know that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

You can find more information about Wire Transfer fees and timing in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this, now the 8th business day is over (the banks in Kazakhstan are closed now), nothing changed, i.e. the transfer didn't get through. Could you please kindly share the receipt now?
Thanks.
Best regards,
Andrey

Hi Andrey,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Upon checking, it looks like the 8th business day would be the 23rd. Please keep in mind business days exclude weekends and bank holidays in your country and the US. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, thanks for looking into this, but not sure why you brought up the 23rd.
Indeed, there were public holidays in Kazakhstan that ended on the 10th of May, leaving 11, 12, 13 of May business days plus 5 business days this week. In other words, Friday EOB is the time when the 8th business day is over, I.e. EOB of 20th of May, not 23.

Please kindly confirm the 20th of May EOB as the time to provide the receipt.

Hi Andrey,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea, I took a closer look at your account and the transaction you're referring to. Yes, you're correct, the 8th business day for the transaction is by tomorrow (20 May). However, we can only initiate a trace after 8 business days have passed. Please let us know on Monday (May 23rd) if you still have not received the funds and we'll look further into that for you by initiating a trace.

~ Arjay
Upwork
waltham01
Community Member

Hi, 

thanks for coming back on this one. If I read the rules correcty, it states nothing about the 9th business day which is 23rd. The 8th business day in Kazakhstan is now over, could you please initiate the trace please? My bank has a working day tomorrow, so will try to go there with the trace data, I would rather not wait till Monday. Thanks. 

I did a wire transfer on the 16th of May 2022 to my Nigeria account and I have not gotten the money. This is my first time using this route of wire transfer and it's been like 4 days since then. 

Please do I need to be scared or still hope to receive the money.

Thanks

Larry

Hi Achara,

We process wire transfers within one business day, but they may take several days to arrive in your bank account. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If you haven't received your funds after eight business days feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
stlarry
Community Member

It has been eight days now since I initiated a wire transfer to my
domiciliary account in Nigeria, and till now I have not gotten the money. I
am scared now.
stlarry
Community Member

It has been more than 8 days since I made a wire transfer to my dollar account in Nigeria. I have not gotten the money till today.

stlarry
Community Member

Thanks for your responses. It has been 8 days and I have not still received the money or is it 8 working days?

Hi Achara,

I have checked your account and I can see that the 8th day for the wire transfer transaction is on the 27 May (Friday) due to weekends and upcoming holidays in your country. If you haven't received the funds up until Monday next week (30 May) let me know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

For more information, check out this help article. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths