🐈
» Forums » Support » Wire Transfer has not arrived in Bank Account
Page options
d96ba47d
Community Member

Wire Transfer has not arrived in Bank Account

Hi! Please help!

I have wired transferred my earnings on last March 31 but it has not reaced my account, called my bank and said no transactions are pending and my account has no restrictions so it's free to receive transfers.

I have received the payment withdrawn email but not the payment processing one, can someone guide me please? It is my first time in upwork and withdrawing.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hannah,

Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money at arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

541 REPLIES 541
stlarry
Community Member

Thanks, for your response. This is the 3rd day of May and I have still not received the money. Please Arjay M, I will be happy if you can trace the transaction. Thanks

stlarry
Community Member

I made a withdrawal to my domiciliary account on 25th April and until now, I have not gotten the money. Please what can be the problem? Thanks

Larry

Hi Achara,

Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
stlarry
Community Member

Good day, 

Thanks for your response. I initiated the transaction on the 25th of April 2023

Hi Achara,

Thank you for your message. The eight business days will be completed on Monday, May 8th, 2023. Feel free to reach us if you do not receive the funds after this date. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
stlarry
Community Member

I did a payment since last month. Its been more than 8 working days and I have not gotten the money. What could be the problem. The more was sent through wire transfer and I have gone to my bank and they said no money dropped into my account.

Larry Achara

Hi Achara,

We saw your posts in the community and converted them into a support ticket to give them the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
stlarry
Community Member

Good day, Please the 8 working days have passed and I have not still gotten the money. Please can you escalate the problem

nelowaa
Community Member

Achara, please I'm Nigerian and experiencing something similar. Was this ever resolved? How long did it take And what bank did you use? Please help me out if you can

Hi Chinelo,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, just wanted to check if you guys share swift traces on business days only? Just wanted to check, as you seem to respond to other tickets today. Any chance I can get mine before 23rd? Please kindly advise.
My 8th business day was over yesterday, need SWIFT receipt for the payment 476527042.

Hi Andrey,

I'm sorry to hear about the status of your withdrawal. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear support team, could you please kindly share the SWIFT receipt as per ticket #35267472 or let me know when I should expect one? This isn't the trace (thanks for initiating this for me), this is the receipt that I need to take to my bank and ask them to search for the incoming payment on their end. Would really love to hear from you, and once again thank you so much for your exceptional support.

Hi Andrey,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Please I do need the help of a moderator to know if the wire transfer I initiated yesterday  was successful. I didn't get a 'payment processed' email. I only got a 'payment confirmation' email immediately I initiated withdrawal. How do I know my payment has been processed?

Hi Oluwabunmi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork

I requested payment via wire transfer on Sunday morning and I still haven’t gotten it. 

Hi Nabilat,

I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have recently opened bank accounts in UAE and tried to withdraw earnings twice. First time after 8 working days I have asked support to trace wire transfer and support confirmed that there was a problem "No IBAN Provided"(I don't even enter IBAN on UpWork). After that I tried to use account in different bank and this time after around one week I got notification from UpWork support  that transfer has failed with reason "Invalid Account Number". Both times I lost withdrawal fee.

Is there any specifics when withdrawing to UAE? I found couple of old threads with this problem but without any information/solutions.

Thanks.

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

If you have further questions or if you need further assistance feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ashmatov
Community Member

I got my funds back but this is second attempt. It takes very long time before funds can be traced(8 working days), I lose wiretransfer fee on every attempt and resulting messages "No IBAN provided" is not helpful at all. I am not sure how to "debug" this, at which point failure is happening and what is the actual problem. I wonder if anyone run into this.

Hi, can you help me, please? I cannot get my last payment(wire transfer), I requested it more than 10 days ago, but still didn't receive it. Can you tell me at least the status of my payment?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sherzod,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have withdrawn the money via wire transfer since yesterday, but so far it has not reached my bank account.. can you help

It can take up to 5 days for a wire transfer. Try not to worry about it till then.
Also, check if you can use Paypal to receive funds in Palestine - it might be cheaper to withdraw through them.
The Paypal/Payooner option - if available to you - is quicker (based on my experience)

Hi Naheel,

Thank you for your message. We process wire transfers within one business day, but they may take 2-4 business days to arrive in your bank account. Upwork can trace a missing payment for you at no charge. However, you must wait 8 full business days to initiate the trace. If your funds have not arrived after 8 days, feel free to message us. Also, I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same issue.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Upwork Community,

I am new to Upwork and have recently received my first payment. I set up my payment method to Wire Transfer and last week, 20th June, I clicked "Get Paid Now" so that money can get transferred into my account. But, it has been 10 days and money has not reached my account. I am not sure whom to contact. Can anyone related to Upwork help me with this issue.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Anitha

Hi Anitha,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I just sent a withdrawl request through wire transfer in my bank account (ref id:491524486)

It has been deducted from my balance. Can you check on your end if the payment has been processed. Thanks!

Hi Mekahl,

Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
logoskill
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Yes it does take 8 days, I was asking if the payment has been confirmed on your end as it has been 5 days.

Hi Mekahl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The current status is "requested." Please wait for the confirmation email as that will signal once the transaction was successful on our end.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

How long would it take for me to get the confirmation email as it has already been few days as mentioned above.

Hi,

Two of my paymetns through wire transfer are yet to arrive in my bank account it has been over 8 business days for the first one 

Ref id (491524486) please can you check on your end or start a trace thanks.

Hi Mekahl,

Thank you for the follow-up. Like what we've discussed in our previous conversation, we can initiate a trace for the transaction after 8 business days. Kindly extend your patience till the end of day today and let us know tomorrow (15-July) if you still can't see the funds on your account. Then we'll initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
logoskill
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Can you issue a trace now? I still did not recieve the payment in my bank account.

Hi Mekahl,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team to initiate a trace for the payment. You can check this support ticket for updates and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, My scheduled withdrawal, was activated on 27th June, but I am yet to receive the funds in my account until now. I would like to know what the problem is.

Hi Oluwafisayo,

Thank you for your message. We process wire transfers within one business day, but they may take several days to arrive in your bank account. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days (by July 9th), let us know and we will assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

Two of my wire transfers (ref id:491524486) and (ref:id 492969052) are yet to be received in my bank account. Can I get an update on their status as it has been more than 8 days on the first one. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths