🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: You have not activated the Google sign in...
Page options
Web E Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289
Muhammad Z Community Member

I Have a same issue , when I try to log in it shown me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address to better assist you today?

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Rachel A Community Member

Can you please help me? I am trying to login to the desk top app to work on my first job. I keep getting an error message "you have not activated the Google sign in method for this account..." but below it says this Email address uses Google sign-in and it just keeps saying that over and over. Please help. 

Hi Rachel,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.
In the meantime, you may also find some helpful advice here.

~Andrea
Info P Community Member

I am having the same issue... trying to log in with my user account **Edited for Community Guidelines** at UpWord and it shows the message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Could you help me access my account?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi there,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further. Please check the email associated with the account you are referring to for more information from our team. 

~ Nikola
Rachel S Community Member

I am having the same issue with my account, and created a second account just to be able to post here. Please help me log in with my business email!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Rachel,

Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. You can click on my name to send me a PM. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Darko D Community Member

I got the same issue on my other account, whenever I try to login to it I get this message "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account."

I double checked and google sign in is activated on that account.

Help?

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Darko,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Andrew C Community Member

I have the same issue. I have recently upgraded to a Google Workspaces account and now can no longer login with my credentials

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Andrew,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Andrew C Community Member

Thanks
Carlos N Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem.

Created an account with an email. Logged in my phone. Changed the email. Now I want to log in on my laptop and says the "You have not activated the Google sign in..." message.

Thank you.
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Carlos,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Loraine L Community Member

Hello, having the same problem. Just created my account with google and now I can't login. Tried to type in email but tells me to login via google sign in. Google sign-in returns this: You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address

I created this second account to submit a support ticket but would like to use the first one.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Loraine,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to access your account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with more information on your first account so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review and assist further?

Thank you.

Pradeep

Dmitrii K Community Member

When I change mail, I can not log in. I created a new account to write here. Help me decide.

Hi Dmitrii,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Matt C Community Member

Hi,

I am having the "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account." issue ith my client account, please help!

Thanks in adance!

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Matt,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your client profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Bala C Community Member

I have an account with upwork. From mobile it is working fine and i tried to login thru laptop. Now am getting an error.

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Bala,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Dasha S Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I had to create a new account just to be able to post on here. The chatbot isn't helpful and I can't seem to get help from a human. I'm a client, one of the people I hired just sent me a message and I'm unable to get to it. Meanwhile I've already been charged for the job. Please immediately reach out to me. Thank you.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Dasha, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I will go ahead and look into this and I will come back here once I have more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths