🐈
» Forums » Support » Your connection is not private when trying to...
Page options
mharjhen09
Community Member

Your connection is not private when trying to run upwork on my desktop

Hi,

I used to be able to open my upwork on my personal computer but since I had a work in a company. I was not actively opening my account through desktop but rather on my phone just to keep it active.

I have tried to log in with my computer but I am still encountering the same issue over and over again. Any advise?

4 REPLIES 4
mharjhen09
Community Member

PS: I am currently using incognito just to be able to log in with my desktop.

ArjayM

Hi Lady Jane,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies and see if the issue persists? If so, let us know and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Arjay,

Thanks for getting back to me. I always clean all my browsing and cache but it seems like there is always a warning always shows on my computer advising me that the connection is not private and the site is not secure.

Hope you can help me with this as I used to be able to open my upwork account here in this computer. I am still able to access it but through incognito. 

mharjhen09
Community Member

When I also clicked advanced to check what went wrong this is the prompt that is showing on my computer,

www.upwork.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to www.upwork.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.upwork.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.upwork.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Still how many times I try, I keep on encountering the same issue.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths