🐈
» Forums » Support » client asking for refund for a milestone rele...
Page options
shahbazelahi94
Community Member

client asking for refund for a milestone released in december last year.

Hello!
Please help me understand. Client only approve the milestone when work is completed.
I has been almost 6 months that client released the milstone and I have been working another milestone after that. 
Issue arises when client asked for additional features which were not discussed before and I refused to add those features and now client has theaten and asking me to refund the the amount that was released in past milestone which was 6 months ago and saying even the past milestone work is not useable for them . 
it is not obvious that client is manipulating me to add additional features else they will have refund for even the work which is already delivered?

Please help me with this issue as I mentally tortured of it.

kind regards
Shahabz Elahi.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

He cannot. I think dispute will be rejected if client trying it. Many time passed.

Yep, client able to ask you but nothing more. So just close contract and leave true feedback. Also you can block client if will disturb you. Upwork requests unblockable so you won't miss anything important.

Be ready to receive bad feedback. You will receive it in any case so don't worry. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

That milestone already finished. Client unable to force you.

Close contract. If you will be blackmailed with bad feedback then report message. 

shahbazelahi94
Community Member

Hey Mykola!
Thanks for the reply. 
Actually I filed a dispute on the amount which was in escrow but things didn't worked out and we had to move to paid arbitration fee that I couldn't submit in a given date and now funds for the current milestone are released back to client which is okay as I don't want to work on this project anymore as it is very disturbing for me. 
but the problem is client has asked for refund for the past milestone from december, so is it good idea that I just end the contract and if still client try to force me to refund the milestone amount I should report them to upwork ? 
Please let me know so I get over this as soon as possible.
kind Regards
Shahabz E.

He cannot. I think dispute will be rejected if client trying it. Many time passed.

Yep, client able to ask you but nothing more. So just close contract and leave true feedback. Also you can block client if will disturb you. Upwork requests unblockable so you won't miss anything important.

Be ready to receive bad feedback. You will receive it in any case so don't worry. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths