🐈
» Forums » Support » fraudulent credit card charges
Page options
f7459c6c
Community Member

fraudulent credit card charges

I had never heard of upwork.com until i spotted two unauthroised transactions on my credit card statement yesterday. I have contacted my credit card company and they have cancelled my card (which is a real nuisance). The amount of those trnslaction is over 2,400 Australian dollars in total. The credit campany said that the charges were made by someone based in Japan. There is a reference number attached to each transaction. My credit card company is now investigating this matter, but could you please look into this at your end? I will provide more infomation. 

46 REPLIES 46

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the unauthorized transactions. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7cfac29a
Community Member

Hi I have been charged money on my credit card I don't have anything with up work. 

Upwork

-$998.54

Pending - Upwork -528862493REF

Dublin IE 

I have contacted the bank to get my money back I live in Australia 

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
391ff719
Community Member

I woke up to the same situation this morning and looking at these comments, Australians are attacked. I was charged 6k$ and contacted my bank straight away for cancellation. 

@Upwork: do you have the nexessary fraud filters in place as this sure looks like a trend?

@Others: Hope everyone safely got their money back, please let me know your experiences with the Australia banks.

thanks

Hi Baris,

I'm really sorry to hear about this unauthorized charge on your account and we truly appreciate you reporting it here. I have shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. One of our team members will reach out to you to assist and address any concerns you may have.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e85ee43d
Community Member

Dear Recently I spotted an unauthorised transaction on my debit card . I have contacted my Bank  and they have cancelled my card. The amount of that transaction is over 100 dollars. The Bank said that the charges were made by someone based in Dublin, and I live  Pakistan . There is a reference number attached to the transaction. My Bank is now is also investigating this matter, but could you please look into this at your end? I can provide more infomation. Please contact me ASAP.

Hi Timmy,

Thanks for reaching out to report on this issue. Please know that this has been escalated to our team for investigation. One of our team members will contact you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths