🐈
» Forums » Support » i have lost $100 dollar by a scammer on up wo...
Page options
a61b1f06
Community Member

i have lost $100 dollar by a scammer on up work i have all details and the chatscreenshotsethiopian

i was in upwork trying to find A job and i have found which says retyping and converting to pdf then i applied for it and sent a proposal after an email from **Edited for Community Guidelines** and they asked me to click the link to telegram and to talk to one of the moderators that wil guide me with my work and her name is in telegram **Edited for Community Guidelines** and her user name **Edited for Community Guidelines** and she sent me a pdf file to retype to word and they will pay $2500 b/c of the intensity of the job and asked to finish it with in 3 days i retype it to word and they asked me to submit to the email they sent me **Edited for Community Guidelines** i submited the to the email and they asked through that the payment is pending and i should pay $100 dollar to the company for the money to reflect on my account . they send me ethiopian account number and i payed the money through ethiopian commercial bank , they asked me my email, photo,phone number, birth date and screen shot of my debit payment that i recieved from my bank message , i payed $100 dollar or 6000 birr through bank transfer and they havent given me the money they also asked me $300 more to recieve my salary and that was fake.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Nebiyu,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS. Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

As a side note, I see that your Upwork profile is not complete. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

can't i get my money back

df602768
Community Member

I don't know what to tell you... You shouldn't believe people so easily.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths