🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How do I change my Account phone number?
Page options
Ian C Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513
Andranik S Community Member

Hi,

I've lost my phone, so the phone number too.

I can't verify my account. How can I change the phone number?

I need to get paid, so this is urgent.

Please, help!

Michael J Community Member

Hi Andranik,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Cheers,
Mike
Paola M Community Member

Hello, I moved to another country a year ago and changed my number (the old one belongs to someone else), but it asks me to verify my account at that number and I no longer have it. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Paola,

Someone from our team will reach out to you directly in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Deserie P Community Member

I need to change my phone number because I no longer use the one that is registered in my account. But when I go to settings, a pop-up window will appear that says they need a code sent to my old number which I no longer use. How to solve this? I think getting paid is also affected by this. Please help. Thank you.

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Deserie,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Marcelo Herondino C Community Member

Hi, I changed country and I can't update some of my profile data, because I no longer have the old mobile phone number (it has been changed). How can I update the number on my profile?

Thanks.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Marcelo,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to update your profile because of this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Ray F Community Member

Trying to sign up, can not verify phone.

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Send Code

Phone number must be verified
Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Laura R Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to complete my profile and I also haven't recieved a code. Can you help me too please?

Hi Laura,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Kriszie S Community Member

Please help and assist. I can't access my account without the code that has been sent out on my old number. Please assist on how to access and update my contact details. Cheers
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kriszie,

I've escalated your cocern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
Taylor K Community Member

Not getting verification code to my phone.
Taylor K Community Member

I’m not receiving a verification code to my phone number. I’ve tried multiple times. Please help.
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Taylor,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the code yet. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Steven B Community Member

Hi, I hate to ask this question because last time I asked something I am still getting a ridiculous amount ot emails about that question that are no help at all.

But, I cannot login to my profile setting because the confirm SEND is grayed out. I have the mobile Upwork app and it is launch.

Hi Steven,

Could you please try using a different browser or logging in from your computer to see if the issue persists? If so, please send a screenshot so we could check. 

By the way, it sounds like you're subscribed to the thread where you posted your questions and are being notified via email every time there is a new post. If you click on your profile picture at the top right-hand corner and select My Subscriptions, you should be able to unsubscribe and stop receiving those emails.

~Andrea
Howard W Community Member

I'm also having a similar issue, however, the system will not accept my phone number at all, so I can't get it verified. Please help. Thank you!

Jenna K Community Member

Hello! I am also having the same issue. Is someone able to connect with me to help resolve this? Thank you!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jenna,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Aigerim S Community Member

HI!i am having the same issue i don't receive the text message or call for verification of my phone number, can you help?

Aigerim S Community Member

HI! I am having the issue I don't receive the text message or call for verification of my phone number, can someone help? Thanks in advance

Hi Aigerim,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths