🐈
» Forums » Support » pointless re-verify
Page options
slawomir_rewaj
Community Member

pointless re-verify

Hello,

I'm a top rated freelancer and I verified my identity last month. Now I have got the same request again.

Taking 10 minutes to do it is not a big deal, although I would prefer that Upwork respects my time rather then feeling entitled to waste it on pointless excercises.
I have passed it and it was no different then the previous one.

The bigger issue is that my account is on temporary hold and it lasts longer then 10 minutes. Upwork claims that it has up to 48 hours to release it.
I'm worried about how this is presented to the clients.

The main question is - why do Upwork even does it so often? Do you think that my identity changed within a month?

Kind regards

Slawek

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jae Sung, 

At times, for a variety of reasons, we need to ask our users to verify their identity or other information. Please know we do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. However, as part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, we must reach out to users again sometimes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

To verify your identity, log into your Upwork account and click on “Settings.” In the left-hand column, choose “Identity Verification.” Follow the steps there to begin verification. For tips on correctly completing the process and details about the documents needed, click here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

640 REPLIES 640
3ebe296a
Community Member

SECOND VIDEO ID VERIFICATION:
How many times do we need to go through Video Verification? I did in April and now again they said account on hold and need to do Video Verficiaiton again. I am traveling and i would love to do when i am home. Secondly, all my data is in Upwork to see. What's the reason for the second verification? I have no issue as due to Upwork I am able to feed my kids in these uncertain times. But, if there is anything wrong I am doing, I need to know to avoid the hassle.again in the future. My Upwork profile is everything to me and I don't want to risk it.
Thanks a lot, everyone!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammed Abdul-Wahab,

We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3ebe296a
Community Member

That's perfectly fine with me but there should be a reason for requiring
verification from me more than once compared to other 1000 Freelancers
which did only once. I wanted to know possible reasons for my knowledge and
being more careful, Thanks for your time and efforts.
jlee1107
Community Member

I had a video call process which is called "re-verifying" that was requested last night. But I am really not sure how long I should wait or there is no action or further notice yet.

2 weeks ago, I did such the call and I got immediate response and was able to resume works, but this time - I wonder how long it should take..

Anyone knows the solution ?

Thanks.

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I already followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
m_olesi
Community Member

I accidentally replaced my profile picture with a photo that's not mine. I try changing it, but it doesn't allow. What am I supposed to do? My clients are complaining that they can't identify my face in the profile picture.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dorcas,

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process required from you, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Please note that due to a temporary hold placed on your account you won't be able to edit your profile picture until you successfully complete verification. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4ed1f4d3
Community Member

How can this be fixed?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evgenia,

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4ed1f4d3
Community Member

I dont have access to the link you provided. It says Request not found. You do not have access to request #27651862. It may have been solved or deleted.

Also there is no notifications on Upwork about profile verification.

Hi Evgenia,

Could you please try using this Link to access your ticket section? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
erehoba
Community Member

Hi,

I have a verified account but it been a few days since the "Submit" buttons disabled and I cannot apply for the job. Can someone please help me with this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Obaid,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
erehoba
Community Member

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand the verification process and I have been through it two times in this week. I still have the "submit" button disabled. Is there any way to raise this issue?

Hi Obaid,

I can see that you already have a ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jaimurz
Community Member

I'm trying to re-verify my acc. But, when I go to ''identity varification'' says ''Video call completed'' of course. But, how can I re-verify if there's no link?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jaimar.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
j_eshita
Community Member

HI Team,

Why am i not able to submit any proposal??? My profile is already verified and i didn't get any error message.

Kindly check attached screenshot.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshi,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rochdi-rg
Community Member

Hello, I've received an email for a video re-verification although i have the  ID badge already, my problem is when i click on the link in my email to start a video verifications  it redirects me automatically to the support page, can you help me? thank you.

rochdi-rg
Community Member

Hello, I've received the email for a video re-verification although i have the badge already, my problem is when i click on the link in my email it redirects me automatically to the support page, can you help me thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rochdi,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
chandan_thakral
Community Member

I want to go for video verification

Hi Chandan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nara_stepanyan
Community Member

Hi all
I am unable to submit proposals
don't have any message from Upwork,    have 50 connection active, the profile is filled, and I have done a few jobs on Upwork, but don't have permission to submit a proposal for now
Profile is public

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nara.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kate___design
Community Member

I had already completed video verification  and everything was OK. Thab I received a pop-up massage above my feed "Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."
When I click HERE I can initiate a call, it tells my that I am not required for a call.
If I go to my profile settings I have the same result. Now I cant post my propasals.
What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Hi Katarina,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to initiate your verification process? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi upwork Team

My ID verification is in review from last 5 days. Please help me solve this issue

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You may access the related ticket here.

~ AJ
Upwork
bicdibus
Community Member

Hi, Upwork community. I completed video verification as your team requested but my account is not resumed yet even though 48 hrs is passed.

What's wrong with this?

Could you help me with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bohdan,

Please refer to this ticket where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bicdibus
Community Member

Thanks for your reply but this link is for video verification.

I already completed video call with one agent a few days ago but after 48 hours is passed, my account is hold yet. They email me that they will inform me within 24-48 hours.

So I ask about that today. I can't submit proposals and other things now.

Hope your help with this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bohdan,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
tschlarman
Community Member

I joined Upwork about 2 months ago, I had a few smaller gigs then I got a 3 month gig that I was about a month into when I was asked to reverify my account, Which in this case is good because I was not actively searching for jobs to rely on but mainly focusing on the job that I currently was working on.

Though my account seems to have been suspended in order to verify my Identity again, While I have a payment pending and finishing up a week of work meaning that I will be missing out on 2 days that I could be working on my current Gig. 

I am curious what the reasoning is for asking to reverify after I have gone through the entire process of submitting my documents and then a video call. I think that it looks bad on my part for my account to suddenly become unavailable to anyone who views my acocunt. 

Hi Tristan,

I see there's already a support ticket created for your case. The agent working on your ticket will be able to share more details behind the reason for the verification. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
khboffice
Community Member

Fully agree. I have been active on the platform for a month and just had my second verification call. Pretty sure the last one was less than 2 weeks ago.

It's frustrating, since I have a thriving business off platform and am new here. I thought it would be good for outreach and meeting new markets, but it seems quite intrusive. I can appreciate many of the controls, and really liked the first ID check because I think it is important, but 2 within a month? That borders on invasion of privacy.

K

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katherine,

It looks like you were able to complete this verification process. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
montassarattia
Community Member

Hi, I have completed the video call verification process too... I have received the confirmation email that my identity is confirmed, then why it's showing again?

My account has been temporarily suspended please help

Hi Montassar,

Thank you for following up. As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths