🐈
» Forums » Support » project with **Edited**
Page options
bbda47b4
Community Member

project with **Edited**

Please help me....I did 200 images and i submit it to them and after submition they said i will recieved the appoval and the process of payment and they send me again a letter that i need to pay first the $50 to them and they will send the salary... 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

22 REPLIES 22
petra_r
Community Member

You were never hired and there was never any work. Those people are scammers and the whole purpose is to steal your money.

In future, do NOT communicate with any prospective clients outside of Upwork prior to being hired. That way you avoid virtually all the scams and also won't have your account suspended by Upwork for violating the terms of service.

roberty1y
Community Member

There is no "**Edited for Community Guidelines**", just some thief waiting for you to send them money, after which you'll never hear from them again. Both the job and the name are fake. You need to read these tips for spotting scammers:

Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

Um, my cousin **Edited for Community Guidelines** might disagree.

PradeepH

Hi Donabel,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I will forward your report to the relevant team to review and take action on the flagged job post.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Exactly the same situation happened to me today! They are looking for new joiner's. Also they offered to pay out of Upwork! But from the beginning communication was suspicious! 

2e07efa2
Community Member

same here, they are fraud. i checked **Edited for Community Guidelines**  and blacklist that guy

b14ac989
Community Member

I'm currently being scammed by a girl with a chat on telegram... She isn't letting me submit my work via Upwork. She's assigning me 200 screenshots.... I shouldn't do the work right? 

OK got it thank you so much

2ba0e269
Community Member

i want to help you

cjcunanan
Community Member

Same. But I felt like their offer was too good to be true so I sent them a fake file. 😂 Also, Sharethrough does not hire or is not currently hiring freelancers: https://www.sharethrough.com/careers/fraudulent-job-offers

Hi everyone! Has any of you got proposal for a job as a translator from a recruiter saing he is from Sharethrough? I think it was suspicious once he wanted to hire me using Telegram and refused to send me an e-mail! Has this ever happend to you?

It's a scam.

This person is just tryin gto steal your money.

Block him and move on.

Same situation here!

700ba72c
Community Member

Thanks for your reply!

a0709194
Community Member

I am. Currently engaged with one employee is this also a scam? 

Communicating outside of Upwork before being hired on Upwork or accepting payment outside of Upwork are violations of the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed in.

A real client will never ask you to pay anything to work.

Stop communicating with them, report them, and get familiar with the platform before moving forward.

Hi Bia,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

You may want to check this post and this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f241d138
Community Member

Same issue

Hi Eraj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and found no history of contact with clients. Can you please elaborate on what happened?

~ AJ
Upwork
e6718d3f
Community Member

Hi upwork Community,

I got the same approval of job they asked me to write the application form to get hired and we will give you the job of 200 pages to be written. I am attaching some screeshots that will help you can you please take a look into it.

Thanks

Hi Raja,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of the Upwork TOS. As a gentle reminder, you should not communicate with a client outside of Upwork before a contract starts.

Remember that you can use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation. In addition, feel free to check out this post by one of our Community members for common red flags for scams.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0f20a22f
Community Member

Sorry to hear this.

Actually I also got encountered with the same situation. During my project the rules were changed of the company and after completing the project I cane to know that I had to pay 220$ as premium Id to them. After that they'll return my payment to me. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths