🐈
» Forums » Support » unfinish and nonresponsive
Page options
Jon M Community Member

unfinish and nonresponsive

I have an open contract and the project is not completed. There have been significant charges above the estimate, i.e., 40 to 60 hours. The contract started in October, and the hours billed are 101. I express concerns about cost and errors discovered during testing and the response has been that the coding is complex. Requirements were clearly explained upfront.

It is an hourly contract. The last work was billed in March. I thought work was continuing, but it was not. I followed up mid-May and was told that nothing had been done since March. I followed up again today and was told that nothing had been done and would look into the project next week.

This is the first time I have used Upwork. I trusted that by using this platform, the project would be managed in a timely and efficient manner. I now see that this is not the case. The project has been spread-out so long that I am unable to dispute any charges. I explain the requirements.  I am given some code to evaluate. There are errors. Then corrections. Then test, errors, repeatedly, week after week. Now I have a contract that is eight months old, a half-finished program, and have been billed double the cost of the original estimate.

1 REPLY 1
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with the freelancer. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths