🐈
» Forums » Support » verified payment?
Page options
analiafabre
Community Member

verified payment?

Hi, I did a translation job but they don't want to pay me by the platform. The ad says verified payment. What do you suggest I do? They also ask me to deposit 80 dols to get my payment. TKS

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Analia,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that there's no contract established with the job you're referring to. Additionally, taking work or payments outside of Upwork can be an easy way to get involved in a scam. Freelancers put themselves at risk of not getting paid, getting paid in a fraudulent manner (e.g., fake checks), or similar, and it is against Upwork's Terms of Service.

All users who take work or payments outside Upwork lose the security of Upwork's Trust and Safety programs, including Hourly Payment Protection. Also, real clients will never ask you to pay for you to start working.

You may want to check this help article for more details about staying safe on Upwork and learn about how you can report suspicious activities throughout the platform here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Analia,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that there's no contract established with the job you're referring to. Additionally, taking work or payments outside of Upwork can be an easy way to get involved in a scam. Freelancers put themselves at risk of not getting paid, getting paid in a fraudulent manner (e.g., fake checks), or similar, and it is against Upwork's Terms of Service.

All users who take work or payments outside Upwork lose the security of Upwork's Trust and Safety programs, including Hourly Payment Protection. Also, real clients will never ask you to pay for you to start working.

You may want to check this help article for more details about staying safe on Upwork and learn about how you can report suspicious activities throughout the platform here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
analiafabre
Community Member

Tks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths