🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » New on Upwork - Optimizing Profile
Page options
data-chanturia
Community Member

New on Upwork - Optimizing Profile

I want your opinion about my profile page. What you would have changed and why? 

2 REPLIES 2
agramaglia
Community Member

Your Profile is actually breaking the DRY principle Smiley Happy There is no need to list all of your skills there. A dedicated "Skills" section exists for that purpose. The General Profile is supposed to provide a brief introduction of your professional identity so that clients can instantly realise what you do. You can put specific skills in the specialized profiles with some more context.

Your title says you are a Full-Stack and Mobile Developer, so just elaborate a bit more on that by including the years of professional experience, the main techs used and the types of projects you mostly work on. Also, try to put it in layman's terms as much as possible. Remember that not all clients are tech savvy and most of them wouldn't go past a handful of lines.

Only mention the skills for which you have extensive expertise. Probably React/Django/Python/Java is your main line of work, so stick to those. Software developers use many technologies in their jobs but one can't be an expert of everything, so just focus on your core skills. You can mention additional tech that you know in one sentence in a separate paragraph if you really want to.

Just remove that long list of techs and rework the "Main Qualities" section only, by making it sound like a brief presentation of your core skills, both hard and soft, possibly using short paragraphs rather than a bullet list.

Haha.. It's ironic that my profile text contradicts my skills (I mean DRY principle :D)..

Thanks Alberto for so detailed advice!