🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » How to get a job as artucal writer.
Page options
abdulhafeez007
Community Member

How to get a job as artucal writer.

I am relively new on up work. 

I need to know that how can I get my first job as artical writer on up work. 

3 REPLIES 3
88f3cf86
Community Member

As an article wrtiter

moudasabry
Community Member

So you are new, it is ok, at some point we have all been there! 

First, you have to understand a couple of things about Upwork (from my own experience). 

To succeed on Upwork, you need dedication (A LOT OF IT), so this isn't a website you can work on while you are on leisure time (I mean you have deadlines and other people's work that you need to stick to, so you have to adjust your schedule). 

You can go to "Upwork Academy" to learn more about the site. PLEASE, don't ignore this step -> https://community.upwork.com/t5/Academy/ct-p/Academy

This step is very important to get hold of site, bidding, connects, contracts, milestones, payments, etc. Because a lot of questions on this forum are already answered on the Academy! 

Please, DON'T bid to any random job. Always, make sure you are capable of finishing and knowledgable of at least 80% of the job before bidding (and the 20% you can learn along the way if possible)  

NOTE! Upwork can suspend your profile if they saw you bidding on 100s of jobs per month randomly. 

Please, make sure you have at least understandable command of English as you don't want to have hard time communicating (since 98% of jobs are in English).

Also, make sure you search A LOT! There are a lot of 1000s of tutorials on how to write good and outstanding proposals, look at tips from clients themselves on the forum here who give advice about the best proposals that catch out their eyes! Make your profile as complete and as attractive as possible (Avoid plagiarism and false projects) 

Last but not least, make sure you are knowledgable in writing & SEO! Do you have previous projects that you can show off? Previously written articles online? etc..

Hope the best for you! 

71613de7
Community Member

Hello
It takes a little time to land your first job. It took me almost 4 months.
Here's a few things that I have learned since joining the platform in April.
Only apply for jobs for which you have experience and skill.
Apply for as many of these types of jobs as possible.
Read the brief carefully and make sure you can offer what the client needs.
Write a new cover letter for each proposal, letting the client know
(honestly) what you can offer to provide them with a solution.
End your letter with a request to connect to discuss further and suggest a
few options. (Check the clients time zone and find a suitable mutual time.)
Remain positive - it takes time.
Be prepared to do a small task as a test with no or small payment to show
off your skill.

Hopefully this is helpful for you.