🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Is permission to include work in my portfolio...
Page options
bd905a14
Community Member

Is permission to include work in my portfolio needed when I have a byline?

I had a client whom I wrote articles for, for seven months. I messaged him to request to use some of the articles I wrote for him in my portfolio but have not heard back. Do I really need his permission if the articles are already public and I have a byline with my photo?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a485ff2e
Community Member

Hi Alexandra,

When you add work to your portfolio by linking it to the specific job, the client is notified by Upwork and has stipulated days to disapprove or reject it (probably three days or a week), and if he does not then it is automatically added to the work history and portfolio.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
a485ff2e
Community Member

Hi Alexandra,

When you add work to your portfolio by linking it to the specific job, the client is notified by Upwork and has stipulated days to disapprove or reject it (probably three days or a week), and if he does not then it is automatically added to the work history and portfolio.

Thank you so much! That's good to know because the client never responded.

Hi,
That's great news! I thought we need the client's written approval beforehand. 

Best

Laila

85b93312
Community Member

Hi, 

This is super helpful! I am in the same position and was wondering if I can just link the work to the portfolio. 

Best

Laila

75e0e9e6
Community Member

hi