» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Up work
Page options
a0c884ed
Community Member

Up work

2 REPLIES 2
a0c884ed
Community Member

Hi! My name is Rishabh and I took two jobs from upwork where they asked me to contact on Telegram. I was asked to convert a pdf file to a word by rewriting it. I completed it in 3days and asked the client to pay. They first said that it was transfered but I didn't get any message. Upon questioning he asked me to deposit a 5$ fee to make the transfer. I completed it and while trying to withdraw, I was unable to. They again asked me to deposit a 3$ fee to  buy the verification code. Plz tell me whether I should deposit or not. Thank you!

BTW they gave me their website link too it was **Edited for Community Guidelines**

759e32fa

Hi Rishabh,

Thank you for reaching out. Sharing contact info prior to a contract starting is against ToS and one of the most common scams is when the client wants to take your conversation to Telegram.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork