🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Writing
Page options
52aeb37a
Community Member

Writing

Hi! My name is Jamila and I took two jobs from upwork where they asked me to contact on Telegram. I was asked to convert a pdf file to a word by rewriting it. I completed it in 3days and asked the client to pay. They first said that it was transfered but I didn't get any message. Upon questioning he asked me to deposit a 50$ fee to make the transfer. I completed it and while trying to withdraw, I was unable to. They again asked me to deposit a 150$ fee to  buy the verification code. Plz tell me whether I should deposit or not. Thank you!

BTW they gave me their website link too it was **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jamila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sharing of contact info prior to a contract starting is against ToS and one of the most common scams is when the client wants to take your conversation to Telegram. Real clients will not ask for you to pay a despoit fee as well.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111
dbb0f4a5
Community Member

If you did the job, you do not have to pay nothing or send him money. never
forget to work with a contract of upwork.

Thanks 

Hi im aqeel. New member please guide me 

hello how may i help you please?

I m new on upwork.i have no idea to take work from this platform.plz guide me about work 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rukhsana,

Here are some tips on how to get started on Upwork:
  • Complete your profile: Take time to provide accurate and complete information about yourself and your skills. This will help clients find you and determine if you're a good fit for their projects.
  • Add your portfolio to your Upwork profile: If you have work samples and past projects, add them to your Upwork portfolio. It gives clients an idea of your skills and experience.
  • Propose your services: Browse through the projects in the marketplace and apply for projects that interest you and align with your skills. Your proposal should include your experience and skills and why you're a good fit for the project.
Check out these Upwork Academy courses to kickstart your journey:
Remember that getting hired as a freelancer on Upwork can be competitive, so it’s important to have a strong profile and portfolio and submit well-written proposals.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for this. I'm new here and this is like godsend.

He who Need Guides (to Start with) will NEVER become a Guide ...

... Start Doing Something ... & Guides 'n Guidance will come ... from BeYond !!!

Asllamualakium

I am the contact writing jop

Yes I am interested 

Yes 

Assalam o alaikum I am interesting writing work job

Wealeykumu Selam. Thanks for your reply. I am so glad.

It's important to clarify payment terms upfront and have a contract in place when working with freelancers on platforms like Upwork to ensure both parties understand the agreement.

sofia2008
Community Member

You need to take some Academy courses at the top of this page before sending more proposals. You are not using Upwork properly and can get your account suspended for violating multiple rules.

i am using Upwork properly you give me writing work 

Hi

hi

wellcom

Please can you make your statement more clear?

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jamila,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sharing of contact info prior to a contract starting is against ToS and one of the most common scams is when the client wants to take your conversation to Telegram. Real clients will not ask for you to pay a despoit fee as well.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello 

Hello!

Hello!