🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Upwork account got hacked and someone else wi...
Page options
gurpreettpss
Community Member

Upwork account got hacked and someone else withrawn around USD 12000

Every wednessday, I am use to withdraw the money in my bank account. Today I getup and saw 2 transactions was happened and I had on $39.40 was in my account. On the first thought it might be auto transfer, but suddently I was shocked to see the ACH Transfer. I never had a US bank account. I am use to make the wire transfer by paying $30 every week. I saw that one account of **Edited for Community Guidelines**was added from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I NEVER added that account. I saw it was, for the name Jaswinder, but I was never aware about that account number. It was not me. I immedeately, just after two hours of this withdrwal, Contracted upwork support and made them aware about this situation. I asked them to stop the payment. The agent said he has taken necessory action. When I asked that when it was added in account then he said it was added on 28th of March,2020. I checked my emails, I got email about ading the account is today at 3.31 AM. I am not sure how it can be activated immedeatly. I have informed **Edited for Community Guidelines**facebook page about this scam. I asked upwork team, If I need to take it to cyber crime. Agent said it is not required, So I didn't do that. I am feeling very insecure about our future payments too. So in this way every wednessday I have to moniter my emails and upwork account ? This is terrible. Can someone please guide me about this ? What shall be the next steps ? Is there a chance to get our money back ? Sincerely, Jaswinder

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gurpreet,

I`m sorry about the bad experience you had. Our team will continue to assist the agency owner directly on their ticket. 
I would also like to point out that our team has reached out to you via ticket with number 28072173. Please refer to the instructions shared there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths