🐈
» Forums » Clients » A new PayPal account problem? or management p...
Page options
bdaa45e7
Community Member

A new PayPal account problem? or management problem?

I tried to replace my PayPal payment with a new one. It always pops error indicating the account is not verified. 

But the truth is this PayPal account is verified and paid somewhere else like Shopfiy, Yahoo, etc.

So I contact the support, but had a terrible expereince with them. One of them just left the conversion without any useful informamtion, the other two keep asking me to verfiy the PayPal account with the outdated instrudctions. I hate the chatbot for providing useless information, but the human support did worse by providing wrong information and doesn't listen or understand you. 

I don't want to blame anyone of the support team, for I believe this is a management problem, if they could listen and observe the clients activitiies, it's not hard to find the struggling they have.

BTW, even the chatbot the upwork using is outdated, there's many other better options.

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi William,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket in a timely manner. Please allow more time for our team to check this for you and follow up on your ticket. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank yuo.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar.

There's someone contact me for this case. But it doesn't help, I still have the same result, the support keep asking me to verify my paypal account, which I already have.

The current situation is :

- I have this business PayPal verified and paid somewhere else like Yahoo, Shopify.

- Upwork decline this account for "this account is not verified" error. 

For such case, a better approach could be:

- Stop asking me to verify my account or PayPal support for the problem is not from my account or PayPal (why? because this account is already paid in other place successfully. I am so sad such simple logic can't be understood by so many people)

- Report the issue and fact to the tech team and ask tech team to diaganose the issue. May ask them to provide Payment Processing Log , where the payment server communication happens. The log should have the detailed information for this case, then we can see where the problem is , it could be a server program bug. If everything is ok, then I can provide the log to the PayPal support to report this issue, maybe they have a bug for upwork API, barely possible, but who knows.

It's so frastrating that the upwork support workflow can not handle such case, it totally doesn't listen or understand a technical case, and always consider that's user's problem. That's what I mean about the management problem.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths