🐈
» Forums » Clients » Account was suspended for posting a Craigslis...
Page options
829ed015
Community Member

Account was suspended for posting a Craigslist VA ad for no valid reason.

My account was suspended for no reason for posting a Craiglist VA ad. I specifically used the same exact verbiage of other approved job postings to make sure there were no issues. I've also referenced Craigslist's terms of service and there is no violation of my ad posting. 

I've spent over an hour on chat with customer support with a requested "supervisor" who is non-US based and I've been told there is nothing he can do and I have to wait 24-48 hours. I've requested to speak to a manager multiple times and he said they are too busy. I then asked the so called "supervisor" what manager he asked and he proceeds to change his story and says he checked their calendar and they are in a meeting. 

This is costing me both time and money and I have a time-sensitive project I needed worked on ASAP. I have made many hires and never had any issues. For Upwork to do this to a long-standing client is completely unacceptable. It's even more unacceptable that the so-called "supervisor" keeps lying and changing reasons why I can't speak to a manager. First, they said they are busy, then they are in a meeting, then they are in back to back meetings, now they are in meetings all day long. 

After reviewing their BBB listing they have over 26 complaints and a 1.5 star rating. For a company that bases its entire company on a ratings based system it is absurd they provide customer service that would get them suspended on their own platform. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB because this is unacceptable. 

3 REPLIES 3
829ed015
Community Member

I would like to add they told me the reason was that we requested multiple accounts to be created. What they conveniently left out was the ad specifically states that multiple accounts to be created for multiple companies. We manage multiple brands in various niches which is easily proven by our other job postings. It would make zero sense to post a fitness ad under the same account as an artwork ad. It is not against craigslist TOS to create an account for separate companies even if you have ownership in several companies. It would be nice if they read the ad fully before suspending a long-standing account. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to address your account status or provide details here in the Community. Please, refer to the notification the team sent to you about your account status. I'll also follow up with them. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5465a81e
Community Member

this is a public traded company. too big for bbb. you'll waste your time. hope you get your acount back soon

Latest Articles
Learning Paths