🐈
» Forums » Clients » Cancelled proposal where is my refund?
Page options
teganmarmon
Community Member

Cancelled proposal where is my refund?

Hi wondering if anyone on here can help. 

I had hired a freelancer to do a logo for my business. After interviewing a few different freelancers I sent a proposal to one. When sending the proposal I paid $100 which was taken out of my account. After receiving the logos, I was very unhappy and cancelled the contract. I had asked the freelancer for a refund and he responded 'I never accepted the offer you sent as such it expired.' 

The money has been taken out of my account and I am just wondering how I get my refund? 

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

If expired then funds was auto refunded. It should take some time a while bank proceed it.

Thank you for your reply. Do you have an idea how long this can typically take? 

Average is up to 5 working days.

0e6e7259
Community Member

If you have paid for a project on Upwork and are unsatisfied with the work provided, you can request a refund through the dispute process. Here's how you can do that:

1. Go to your "My Jobs" page on Upwork.
  2. Click on the contract that you want to dispute.
  3. Click on the "Dispute" button.
  4. Select the reason for the dispute and provide a detailed explanation.
  5. Submit the dispute and wait for a response from Upwork.

Once you submit the dispute, Upwork will review it and attempt to mediate a resolution between you and the freelancer. If a resolution cannot be reached, Upwork may issue a refund to you.

If the freelancer claims that they did not accept your offer and therefore cannot provide a refund, you may need to provide evidence such as screenshots or emails to support your claim that the contract was initiated and the funds were paid. Upwork will review the evidence provided by both parties to make a decision.

It's important to note that Upwork's dispute process can take some time, so be patient while waiting for a resolution. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can contact Upwork's customer support for assistance

teganmarmon
Community Member

Who can I email for dispute as it has been over 2 weeks and I haven't been auto refunded. Client advised he never accepted offer as it had expired so I withdrew the offer due to being unsatisfied. Not sure where to go from here. 

Also when I go onto my jobs the job is no longer showing as I had cancelled it so I am unable to click on dispute. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths