🐈
» Forums » Clients » Dissatisfied
Page options
0bb00f78b78634e8
Community Member

Dissatisfied

UpWork should screen their so called fundraiser and marketing experts because clearly the two I encountered were neither.Emily Divad (Divad prince) took money from me over a two month period and showed nothing I would ask to see the campaign and ask her how things were progressing and all I got was reassuring me good news was coming.NOT just a loss of $1000 yes I know I'm the dummy for believing.And the marketing expert Mr.White agreed to work on 15% commission but needed $50.00upfrontbto polish my introduction on my campaign and said he was working on a video. Never heard another word. So yes I'm very disappointed and warm others to be cautious.

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

Freelancers no more verified here, bots are welcomed.

Hire someone who registered 2 years more ago and who received feedbacks and money before. This one will be real in most of cases.

6eb496a4
Community Member

Hi, i am sorry to hear that but I suggest to be more careful with the kind of freelancers you hire but I assure you that everyone is not like that and also i am a trustworthy freelancer that deals with logo design and graphic design if you are interested.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Sorry to hear the news.

In the future consider working with experienced and active freelancers.

By the way, most freelancers will not work on a commission unless they are not experienced.

n_pudikova
Community Member

Commission? You'll never get an experienced freelancer working for commission - Upwork simply does not support this sort of contractual arrangement. It is in fact Client's responsibility to screen and ver the freelancer before assigning the job. 

5cc35b04
Community Member

It happens Don but my advice on this is to make milestones rather than paying thousands of dollars upfront. Milestones are best to track the progress and if you are satisfied then release some proportion of the project as per work. Best of luck for next times. 

mawieshams
Community Member

Wow! that's a huge money. Next time, think wisely and hire some freelancer like. just kidding, but honestly. I agree, because one of my clients talk about this one freelancer who is very fake in doing his work. He is even using AI.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths