🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Edit Your Reviews?
Page options
yanno88
Community Member

Edit Your Reviews?

I made a typo in the review and it read "fat" instead of "fast" 

can I edit this?

thanks!

32 REPLIES 32

I agree with Petra on this point, and add that the system is good like this:

1. If someone is not sure about the quality of the work done, they can always leave the contract open until they are 100% satisfied.

2. If there is a typo, the other party can always agree to allow the change.

3. But leaving the review open at all times will only exaggerate the influence one party will have on the other. I'm speaking specifically for some clients, who have realized how important the rating is for freelancers, and use it as a blackmail point to continue to ask for free overwork, without a conscience.
I'm not saying that the contributors or clients of this post are one of them, I don't think so at all! But if you explore the other posts in the community, you'll be outraged to see how many freelancers suffer because of a dishonest client, or because of a scammer or a manipulator, who have understood the system very well, and don't hesitate to blackmail good workers to get them to do work for free, continuously, until they can't take it anymore, and abandon the platform.

I recently read a post from someone who couldn't get an interview for over a year because of simple feedback. Another who had to do 3 projects, without getting paid. etc, etc....

So to sum up, yes, sometimes we would like to have the ability to change a comment or two, but allowing it to everyone and continuously, will add a much more complex equation, put us all at risk, as it will mainly benefit the bad (dishonest) customers, which of course you don't want.

Personally, I think the system is fine as it is, speaking of feedback.

df876867
Community Member

I have a similar experience. The freelancer was supposed to complete my job in 30 days, but ended up stretching it beyond 1 year. After 3 months of doing the job, he begged me for reviews, which I gave him. Upwork asked if i wanted to allow him reference my job on upwork, which i declined, yet the freelancer posted my logo, the job and link on upwork. He is yet to complete the job after 1 year of appealing and following up. Right now, he no longer responds to my messages, declines or doesn't pick my calls. I don't know what to do. Please advise. I paid $1,600 for the job, now I'm stuck. App is not completed, I've made complete payment, freelancer no longer picks my calls

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Tony - I’m really sorry to hear about it. I lost a couple grand as a result of my experience. It’s not fun. I respect Upwork for trying to open a dispute between myself and the negligent Developer. And it’s sad to see how responsive he was after pursuing him for months with no returned message.

To make things worse. I have “community gurus” (not entirely sure what earns them that title) essentially saying it’s my fault, and that it’s poor project management - having no knowledge or experience with my case. So that just adds more frustration to this.

Upwork, in their attempt to better the situation, provided me with credit to use in the future. I respect their efforts.

My advice moving forward,..

1) don’t give the developers the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, integrity seems to be more rare these days. So protect yourself.

2) Take the reviews with a grain of salt. I reviewed the Developer prematurely based on request, both aware that the project was incomplete, and got “ghosted” after it was done.

I signed up for Upwork years ago but I’m brand new to using their platform and didn’t anticipate this experience happening at all. Super disappointed.

I hope you get your issue resolved with better luck than I had.

Best to you.

kate_mich_eren
Community Member

I also accidentally click on submit even if I have not yet finish giving my feedback. Any other way to edit it or for me to continue my feedback?

Kate Michelle E wrote:

I also accidentally click on submit even if I have not yet finish giving my feedback. Any other way to edit it or for me to continue my feedback?

Only if the clients enables you to do so

re: "Next time I will add a potential flight overseas as part of Project Management when a Developer makes a decision to go unresponsive after being paid."

Nobody needs to book a flight.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here about how the system works.

If I buy a lunch at a diner, then I paid them for the lunch and I received the lunch.

If the diner then decides to become unresponsive, so what?
What if I go there the next day and they have shut down? So what?

I hired a freelancer and he delivered the files I hired him to create, and the I released payment to him. That is how the system is designed to work. What if he then becomes unresponsive? So what?

He worked for me. He gave me the work. I paid him. That's it. He is not obligated to work for me forever. I didn't buy him. I hired him to do a task, and he did that task.

Is the project done? No. There is more work to be done. I assign that work to members of my team who are available.

I don't rely on just one person to complete the entire project. That is not an effective way to handle a project of this size.

re: "In what ways is Upwork a pro-client solution?"

Upwork is overwhelmingly pro-client because it allows clients unlimited freedom to hire as many freelancers as they want to, from around the world, with the click of a button.

There are no minimum wage requirements.

There are no employment-style requirements to provide benefits, sick leave, health care, etc.

And best of all, clients have unlimited freedom to fire freelancers. For any reason. Or for no reason at all. Without any need to provide advance notice. Or severance pay.

It is an awesome platform for clients.

The number one mistake I see clients making is not knowing how much power they have.

Especially when they fail to use their power to fire freelancers.

In the Forum, we can read about clients complaining about freelancers who are disrespectful or who are behind schedule or who do terrible work. Okay... why don't you just fire them? Or keep them on the team, but diminish your reliance on them by assigning work to other team members?

Honestly, I just find this behavior perplexing.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths