🐈
» Forums » Clients » Getting a Team Manager
Page options
odeskos
Community Member

Getting a Team Manager

I work with a freelancer on Upwork on some VA stuff. I'd like that freelancer to become a Team Manager for a group of writers I work with on Upwork. I already have active contracts with all of them here on Upwork. I have already created a Team called "Writers". Now, do I end all their contracts and start new contracts that would be assigned to Team "Writers" or do I just invite all the writers along with the VA that would be the Team Manager to the newly created Team "Writers"? If so, the invitation form asks for emails address or usernames - neither of which I'm able to see in their profiles.

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please read how to Add or Remove Members from your Team for more information regarding your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
odeskos
Community Member

But how do I add existing freelancers with existing contracts to a Team?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

In order to move a contract from one team to the other, you'll need to re-hire the freelancer. When sending an offer, you will see a drop-down list to select the team you would like to hire the freelancer under.

If you want to give one of the freelancers you hired permissions to manage others, you can do that under Settings> Permissions without needing of emails.

~ Bojan
Upwork
odeskos
Community Member

The Team drop-down menu only appears if I try to hire the freelancer directly from their profile, not if I hire them after they've applied to my job. You should add the drop-down menu in that case as well.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback. I will share your feedback with the appropriate team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths