🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to Get a Small Project Done Perfectly, Qu...
Page options
6834a3fd
Community Member

How to Get a Small Project Done Perfectly, Quickly, and with Lowest Budget?

On upwork, I've seen tons of small projects with less than $30 fixed price. In general, I sent proposals only to the posts with attachment since a proposal could require up to 16 connects(probably 32 connects strategy is already on the way). I always complete the attachment, but few of them were viewed untill others hired. As a freelancer, I know that many of us want to utilize our skills for more than just money. A low rate may provide perfect result that exceeds your expectation. Now, I'll tell you 3 takeaways to find the very right person.

1. upload your sample.

Many freelancers would like to showcase their skills. Remember, the person who completes your sample is the one who values your time and has confidence in their abilities.

2. set up questions.

Ideally, set up some questions related to the content in your attachment. Only those who have carefully viewed your attachment will be able to provide the correct answer.

3. collect multiple deliveries.

Send all the deliveries to your team or client, evaluate the quality, and select the best one. Make a contract with the best freelancer, at last, respond to all the diligent freelancers.

By following these steps, you'll be a welcoming and efficient client on Upwork, good luck!

7 REPLIES 7
anna_babicheva
Community Member

many freelancers would like to complete it first in order to showcase their skills. Remember, the person who completes your project is the one who values your time and has confidence in their abilities.

Yu, no. Do not work for free before the contract is started and don't tell other freelancers to do so. Completing a task before the contract is in place is not how you can show that you value clients' time and/or have any confidence in the your abilities to complete the task. Applying for a job is already enough to show that you're qualified, otherwise, why would you apply?

Please don't recommend this to anyone.

Thanks, Anna. No risk should be encouraged, I modified my post.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yu C wrote:

1. upload your sample.

Many freelancers would like to showcase their skills. Remember, the person who completes your sample is the one who values your time and has confidence in their abilities.

This is terrible advice. First of all, it's against Upwork's terms of service for clients to ask for free work, so they'll be reported and their project will be removed if they do this. Secondly, freelancers who work for free are signalling to the client that they're desperate, willing to be exploited, and that their time has no value. If you want to show your work to a client, that's why there's a portfolio section. Freelancers who have confidence in their work don't give it away.

Yu C wrote:

As a freelancer, I know that many of us want to utilize our skills for more than just money.

Freelancers are here because we need to earn money. If this is just a hobby for you, I would suggest that you find some worthy organisation and volunteer your time.

dc8d9346
Community Member

Hello good day 

a7c6f370
Community Member

I don't agree with you, firstly no one should work for free. We freelancers have plenty of samples in our portfolio to showcase our skills.

Secondly, everyone is here to make money.

tlsanders
Community Member

The ones who complete your symbol are desperate for work (ask yourself why) or brand new freelancers who don't undestand how anything works. 

And, of course, most clients who follow the first steps won't create a contract or pay anyone--why would they when they've been given the completed work for free?

276472c9
Community Member

Your approach to finding the right freelancer for small projects on Upwork seems thoughtful and practical. Here are some additional tips to help you get a small project done perfectly, quickly, and with the lowest budget:

1. **Clear Project Scope:** Define your project scope and requirements clearly in the job posting or project description. This will attract freelancers who understand the task and can deliver what you need.

2. **Check Freelancer Ratings and Reviews:** Pay attention to the freelancer's ratings and reviews from previous clients. This can give you insights into their past work quality and reliability.

3. **Communication:** Effective communication is key. Clearly communicate your expectations, timelines, and any specific details related to the project. Encourage freelancers to ask questions if they need clarification.

4. **Milestones:** Divide the project into smaller milestones. This allows you to track progress and make sure the project is on the right track. You can release payments for each milestone upon satisfactory completion.

5. **Feedback:** Provide constructive feedback to freelancers. This helps them improve and ensures you get the desired results.

6. **Budget:** While aiming for a low budget is understandable, be mindful not to underpay for quality work. Experienced and skilled freelancers may require higher compensation.

7. **Deadline:** Set a reasonable deadline. Rushing a freelancer can lead to subpar results. Give them enough time to do their best work.

8. **Legalities:** Depending on the nature of the project, consider having a simple contract or agreement in place. This can protect both you and the freelancer.

9. **Responsive:** Be responsive to freelancers' inquiries and messages. Prompt communication can make the project progress smoothly.

By combining these additional tips with your existing approach, you'll increase your chances of finding the right freelancer for your small projects on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths