🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to dispute freelancer's feedback?
Page options
veloxpro
Community Member

How to dispute freelancer's feedback?

Hello. I just need a link to a form where I can submit a dispute about freelancer's feedback because it's almost entirely untrue.

I'm using Upwork long before it was named so, but I didn't find it after 15 min searching over (too slow) site. The only support I could reach is the bot who gave a link to here. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sergey B wrote:

Hello. I just need a link to a form where I can submit a dispute about freelancer's feedback because it's almost entirely untrue.

I'm using Upwork long before it was named so, but I didn't find it after 15 min searching over (too slow) site. The only support I could reach is the bot who gave a link to here. Please advise.

You can't dispute feedback. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

There is no form or button available for disputing a freelancer's feedback.

It is not Upwork's intention that people "dispute feedback."

However, if the feedback violates a specific rule, then it is possible to contact Upwork Customer Support to have the problem addressed.

Here is what you can consider, if you want to pursue this matter:

https://www.upwork.com/legal#permittedsite

The following are examples of uses that are prohibited on the Site or when using the Site Services:

...Attempting to or actually manipulating or misusing the feedback system, including by:

...expressing views unrelated to the work, such as political, religious, or social commentary, in the feedback system

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 10.15.08 AM.png

If it makes you feel any better...

Keep in mind that you are the client.

If freelancers look at your feedback history, and they see one wacky comment out of a consistent history of good feedback and favorable comments...

Then potential freelancers will know that you unfortunately hired a goofball. They're not going to hold it against you.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Sergey,

Generally, there are very few instances where a feedback comment could be edited or removed and I see that Preston has already noted those. You can also find more information about the feedback system here.

I wasn't able to locate negative feedback from freelancer that you're referring to so I'm going to ask one of our support agents reach out to you directly and further assist you with your concern.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths